summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, March 1, 2009

girls just wanna have fun....

The girls had fun yesterday, straightening out this room....
Jon, Charlotte Claire, and Camille like when they can get to their kitchen....
The shelves: they are not beautiful, but to me, they are......and since I have so many strollers and not enough room for them all, I sneaked an extra seat for my Inglesina pram, up on the top shelf....I wish I had room in the house for a set of shelves like this for all my prams.....

Evelyn Joy looked so cute in these overalls....




This is our dollhouse corner, lest anyone gets the idea that I am super organized...ha. The big round bin is full of waffle town, and the other bins are dollhouse furniture...and this isn't all of it....there are a few more bins, and a few more houses.....but they play with it all the time....




So, the girls were so helpful yesterday, I decided to treat them to a nice afternoon....this is their friend, who has 14 kids in her family....she went to the Chinese buffet with Margaret, Kathryn, Evelyn, and I. They were silly, and she wanted me to take this picture of her with a spoon on her face....





Kathryn and Evelyn....






Margaret....and no, she does not have a tatoo. It is a rub-on Pirates of The Carribean, I don't know where she got it....

So, we had a nice afternoon. We lounged around at the buffet, while Paul was here with some of the other kids. Suzanne, Sonja, and Jon were at a birthday party......Charlotte Claire and Camille had naptime....
After lunch, we went to Blockbuster.....then to the dollar store....laughing all the way. It was great fun to spend time with my 12 year old, 10 year old, and 9 year old.....and their friend is 11. Sometimes it is nice to be a mommy to just a few of them at a time....to spend non-stressful, relaxing, time with them....these girls are a treasure.
The last thing I felt like doing tonight was cooking dinner. I was only thirsty from the junky salty food we had, but we still had to feed the kids....I was so thankful I had 4 Freshetta pizzas in the freezer....add some grapes and baby carrots, and a nice simple dinner.....
My two little ones are on a late schedule. They sleep in in the morning, take a late nap, and stay up too late at night. It isn't so bad, as I get things done in the morning, and we do enjoy them up at night....Camille didn't go to bed so well tonight, though, and she is crying....I have to go spoil her...







1 comment:

AUTISMOMMA said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I LOVE your family. Most of all though, I think I love your so-casual style of parenting. I wish my mother had been like you are with your children but she wasn't. Now it's my opportunity to do so with my children and while I would like to say that I do try to be casual and laid back with them, I'm not quite as good at it as I would like to be or as you are.