summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, April 18, 2009

barfers!

Yeah, life ain't all sunshine and roses. Yesterday, it did seem like it was....but then Camille started having "the runs", as my dear mother used to say. 6 diapers full. Then, after I put her to bed, she barfed. All over. A bath. Barf again. Then Suze barfed in the night (bedding!!ugh), then Charlotte barfed in the night....(bedding!!ugh).....then this morning, Camille was so thirsty, we gave her water in a bottle, and BARF! All over me. She still seems bright eyed and bushy-tailed, but I am afraid to give her anything to eat or drink. Her and Charlotte Claire are fooling around like crazy right now.

Paul went to the gun show. I think it was a bit hard for him to leave when we were having SO much fun at home.....

It is just Kathryn, Evelyn, Suzanne, Sonja K., Jonathan, Charlotte Claire, Camille, and I home for now, since the older ones are at the youth conference. The funny thing is that Mali came home last night after I went to bed, I thought she was going straight to the conference. And she was still up when Suze barfed, and she showered her and washed her bedding! What a girl. 15 years old.

So, today I was going to take the kids out to lunch, since we stayed home for most of their vacation, since getting home from Canada. But, the plans are being revised. The Chinese buffet is no place for barfers. Ugh. My new plans are: bring the non-barfers (hopefully not otherwise known as pre-barfers) to the movie store and stock up on movies.....and maybe get some gingerale. And maybe even some take-out for the non-barfers.

Camille doesn't feel so great, but she still thinks it is great fun to empty out the wipes. I have had to change her diaper like 4 times already today. I told Paul I feel so GERMY. I took a shower this morning, but since I have been barfed on, and ect. Spare the details, right? I have been tempted today, a few times, to think and even to say, "This day is from hell!!" But I know immediately that that is not right. "This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it." So, I have been thinking about what I am glad about:

Kathryn. She just changed a very yucky diaper. I told her I would do it, and she replied, "No, I want to." What?

The washer and dryer. I always think when they are sick, "What did the mommies used to do a long time ago?"

That God is so good. That He can help me to be gentle and good and kind when I am tempted to be miserable and at the end of my rope.

Paul. He might be tempted to think this is a day from hell, too, but he knows darn well that that is a lie. He also battles against discouragement and remains happy and good when things are, by all earthly accounts, absolutely crazy here.

Well, I am pushing it by sitting here....there is much to do....like LAUNDRY!!!

1 comment:

Martha said...

Oh no! Not the Barfers! I do hope they feel better soon.