summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, April 3, 2009

charlotte claire is sick...

I was just saying last week that I haven't been to the pediatrician with sick kids in a while. So today when I decided that she was sick enough for a dr. visit, I remembered that..... She has been feverish, and today she was positively couch-bound. So, I got Benjamin to watch Camille (who fell asleep in the highchair while she was eating lunch, and me the bad mommy took the opportunity to run into the bathroom to get ready without any tagalongs....)anyway, Ben watched her and Jon until the older kids got home from school, so I left with just Charlotte Claire. I was holding her on my lap while we waited for the dr., and I asked her if she is my friend, and she said, "No, Carl is my friend."....Carl is Suzanne. Anyway, it took a awhile, but now I am her friend, too.

She has bronchitis, and he put her on Zithromax....which she threw up. Fun. Her fever is still quite high, so we gave her just a little bit more of the antibiotic, and then some Tylenol drops. She is drinking a little bit, mostly Grape Crush, which, is YUM. I do not drink regular soda, my conscience wouldn't allow the calorie glut, but if I ever did, I would drink a GrapeCrush over ice. Yum. I bought it for her, since she needs to be drinking, and cannot drink too much juice.
Since Camille was sleeping in her highchair covered in peanutbutter and jelly when I left today, and when Ben tried to wash her and put her in bed she threw a fit, and he got her back up from her new green bed, she was SO tired this evening. Paul and all the kids went to activity club, leaving me, who is tired too, (Camille was BAD last night, good thing she is so cute), me who had NO nap, with a feverish almost three year old and a tired fussy toddler, I am deserving of this peace and quiet....because: I put Camille in bed at the unheard of hour of EIGHT o'clock. She was so tired she was walking down the hall toward night-night when I mentioned it....and Charlotte Claire is all changed and medicated and sleeping on the floor on a comforter. And here I am.
Tonight I am thankful for:
Frozen chicken strips, frozen fish fillets (the batter-dipped ones, I only love fish when I am pregnant), frozen fries, and a working oven.
I am also thankful for the salad I had with dinner: lettuce, tomato, black olives, and salt. No dressing. It was so fresh and good. I don't like to hide the taste of the veggies with dressings or dip.
I am also thankful that we live in these times, especially because of antibiotics. The dr. said Charlotte Claire hadn't been on the since this time last year.
I am thankful for the internet, so I can keep in touch with my dear sweet oldest daughter, who I miss so much, yet I am enjoying hearing of her escapades across the ocean. She was in Denmark and Amsterdam over the weekend. (she said she really wanted coffee in Amsterdam, saw a sign for a coffee house, climbed the stairs, and did not smell coffee. She did not enter.)
I am also thankful to keep in touch with my other daughter Mirielle, who is in Canada. It is quite miraculous how large the heart can stretch. You might think that with so many kids, I wouldn't possibly miss them so much, or love them so much, but WRONG....

No comments: