summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, April 19, 2009

jonathan robert

Jonathan is sick now. He barfed in the night. Fun. Poor guy. And poor me. Today is a very special day. We have friends, a family from Norway with three young children, who are moving back after living here for 4 1/2 years. Two of their children were born here in the U.S. The economy is tough, and he needed to move back for work. So the reason today is a special day: in our church we are having a feast for them. (A feast is a celebration, where it is open to everyone who has it on their heart to bless and encourage the others through memories, little stories, and exhortations. With God's word, of course) Today's feast includes fancy desserts, and I think fruit and veggie platters. And I get to stay home with the sick kids. Oh well, I can still be along in prayer that it goes well, and hopefully someone will remember some good parts to tell me, and someone can remember some good desserts to bring home to me.

Charlotte Claire did not barf last night. In fact, she is very hungry this morning since she slept on the couch through dinner last night. Right now she is having a jar of babyfood fruit with her blueberry muffin.

Camille woke only once last night!! What a difference. And the bonus: I was nursing her when Kathryn came to tell us about Jonathan, so Paul had to get up. Hee hee. I do not like barf, but then, who does? It is just one of those little things in life, those gross messes that have to be cleaned up. I did recieve good practice at home growing up having kitties. We had one cat, which was of course MINE, that always always pooped under the baby grand piano (yes, we lived in a little 1950's suburban neighborhood, in a relatively small house, but we DID have a baby grand. My father bought it at an auction, and it was lovely, even though we wrote the notes on all the keys, and no one really knew how to play it) Anyways, that cat chose that spot to poop. And baby grand pianos do not move. So I would have to get down under there and clean it up. I remember just looking at the mess and realizing that there was no way around it. I HAD to clean it up. So I did. I think this was very good for me. Of course my stinking brothers would get an actual kick out of telling me there was another mess.....

I am looking forward to seeing my Mali today. I have missed her much. I have to take her to the dentist tomorrow afternoon. Then Tuesday we are going to do Mali and Sam's passports. Then Wednesday is a dr. appointment for me. And, vacation is over and the kids are going back to school, and I have to get up earlier every morning....and be home every day with just the three little ones. I am going to spend some time this summer researching home-schooling in our state. Benjamin did it for the last few years of high school. Having the younger kids home for all these days has been heavenly. They are more relaxed. I feel that I have so much time to talk to them and give them attention, as opposed to the school days were there are only so many hours between getting off the bus and going to bed, and add in all the afternoon appointments I seem to have....what a difference. Of course I don't mean to say it has been smooth sailing. They do fight. Like tigers sometimes. But that is normal, and I have had time to work with them on it. I have been telling them that peace is worth fighting for. I tell them to stop and notice when they start fighting, notice that little voice telling them to stop. That is God. I tell them it is a complete lie to think that it was the other one's fault. I tell them that Satan hates peace. He is a liar and he loves to blame. For them to acknowledge that something is their fault, and to apologize, is a beautiful thing. So I am thankful to have had this special time to spend with them, sowing things that will help them in life more than anything they will ever learn in school.....

And now, a stinky diaper to change....

2 comments:

Debbie said...

oh no...I hope that bug leaves your house soon!

FLmom7 said...

I think you'd make a wonderful home schooler. I sent some of my kids to school in the past, and I found it much more enjoyable having them home. What I've learned is no matter if you homeschool or send the kids out to school, nothing is easy, each choice has it's challenges. But you've already shown that you enjoy having your kids around, which is really important when you homeschool. You seem very laid-back about things, and that helps too. Good luck with your decision;-)