summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, April 27, 2009

is the dry spell over?

I did not sleep well at all last night. My mind wants to be over being sad about losing this baby. But I cannot force it. I did only find out 5 days ago, I guess. So I go about my day, and then at night, I have bad dreams and keep waking up.

I got all the kids out the door and onto the bus this morning. I think they went so willingly because I am picking them up at 2:00, all the ones who want to. A few of the older ones would miss important classes, but the younger ones will mostly miss playtime. It is going to be too hot today for that bus ride.

Okay, I have traveled a little bit in my life. Canada a dozen times, several states, a vacation in Virginia, Florida, Washington D.C., a visit in Maryland when my sister lived there....one trip to Norway. But Emily: she is traveling all over Europe! Last year, her and Aaron went to England and Wales. This year from Norway, she has visited Denmark, and the Netherlands. She has been to Switzerland. This week she is spending a week in Sardinia, an island off the coast of Italy. She figures she may as well, after she comes home and starts back in the real world of working and paying bills, it just ain't gonna happen. I am glad for her, but I wish I was a millionaire and I could meet her there and sit around in the sun for a week.....

Camille has improved greatly as far as sleeping goes. She woke up only once last night, and did not want to nurse, just a cuddle, then she was sort of throwing herself backwards, and seemed to want to go back in her nice green bed. She found her thumb, went back to sleep, and that was it. Wah. Are my baby days over?

We live out in the country. We had a dog for 14 years now, and I felt safe, because he was an excellent barker. He was funny though, because he would not bark in the house. If he wanted to go out, he would finally whine a bit, but he never barked. He would, however, bark if he was outside and wanted to come in. He was better than a doorbell, he would bark whenever anyone pulled into the driveway (and when anyone pulled into the across the street neighbors' driveway, too)....so I always had a 30 second heads up when someone pulled in. I particularly appreciated this half minute to pull myself together when my mother-in-law came calling. One summer, Paul's work vehicle was in the shop, and he borrowed his mom's car....Champ stopped barking at it after like the third day...rats. After he returned the car, she would pull in and he did not bark for the longest time.....anyway, I miss having a dog. I don't particularly want to train a puppy, but I would love to have one....cute cuddly sweet - messy, loud, time-consuming....so, we are thinking about it. I feel it is important to have one living out here. I am thinking something not too big not too small....maybe a border collie....but I haven't researched how they are with kids....something not too high-strung.

Miss Camille is awake, and so is Charlotte Claire....so I better get in there ....

No comments: