summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

french toast for dinner....

I do not like to cook right now. All day, I wandered in and out of the kitchen, wondering what to make for dinner.....and nothing sounded remotely appetizing. So, I just went on with my day, doing laundry, packing clothes for the kids and myself, sweeping, picking up, taking care of the kids.....then, I took a nap. Not an excessively long one, about an hour. When I came out here after my nap, I felt so naseaus......I looked at the kids' report cards, did some more laundry....and decided on French toast for dinner. I got it all prepared, and Margaret stood there and cooked it for me. When she got it all finished, she browned up some ham....the kids ate while I made red pepper, sweet onion, ham, cheese, and tomato omelets for Paul, Abigail, and I. It did hit the spot.....

Don't ask me what we did for the rest of the evening...we did get out the birth certificates, which was interesting. We could only find a copy of Sonja K.'s, so I did panic a little. But Paul was able to find the original, thankfully, so Sonja K. stopped crying. Phew.

Well, tomorrow comes soon, and baby still wakes up alot.....

4 comments:

Amber said...

Bless her heart. My sister cried when my mom lost her birth certificate when she was a little girl. Funny how something like that can upset them so..haha

Robin said...

Those omelets sound wonderful! I also have a hard time finding things I like to eat during my first trimester.

Mireille said...

MOM!!! Something is going on with hotmail and I can't get to my e-mail!! I can't think of anything more annoying. Nevermind, I just thought of something. Anyway, I am coming to the hotel tomorrow at 7:30 am. I want to be back in Ottawa by 11:00 am at the latest. I have not decided yet on where I will spend Friday.

cheryl said...

Mariel.. are you really going to wake up all of those tired, sleepy children? Let alone their Mom!! I can't imagine them being up before, oh wait, will there be breakfast in the lobby? Sounds like a Good Friday, to me!! Will you be back for Easter dinner on Sunday? And the egg hunt?
Say hi to the Canadians for me! And be sure to ask a policeman for directions to Tim Hortons.