summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, April 4, 2009

spring?

It is cold and windy, rain mixing with snow flurries, high in the thirties today.....a day to hunker down inside, and build a fire. A nice day for a sick girl to get a new dolly. I bought this for her for her birthday, but....I wanted to cheer her up. This doll pees AND poops. Yay. But for now, it is enough that it talks cheerily, and calls out, HI MOMMY!.....Charlotte Claire thinks she is her mommy.....it is a cute doll, and the company did not pay me to say that PottyTraining Baby Alive is sweet. Of course, I got it for half price, which was pricey enough. Who would pay $40 for a doll? The doll smiles, blinks her un-real-y huge eyes, and says sweet things....




Charlotte Claire wasn't the only one enraptured with this new dolly. Camille is in position to steal....



Camille brought this skirt out the other day, and thinks she is so beautiful. She looks like a bear with clothes on, wearing it over her blanket sleeper.

Sonja is on the grumpy side this morning. They stay up tooooo late on Friday nights. When they get home from activity club, they have to show me what they made, and tell me what they did, and it takes a while for them to settle down. Then someone called here at seven this morning, and woke little people up....ugh.


Charlotte Claire is still pretty sick, but she is showing signs of perking up. Now that the excitement of the new dolly has died down, she is cuddling up and resting again. I had to take the batteries out of my camera to charge, and of course the extra set is in someone else's camera (or in one of Jon's trains or something)....and I missed Jon taking his turn with the new doll. He had it wrapped in a blanket, and her was walking around carrying it and talking to it just like it was a real new baby. And, he has a blanket sleeper on. It was too cute. Then Camille finally got her hands on it, she is fascinated......
I feel so much better today because: Camille slept all night last night!!! I thought I was in big trouble when I popped her in bed at eight last night, but she was so fussy, she WANTED to go to bed. I thought she would be up with the birds. Wrong. She slept straight through until nine this morning. How do they tick?
Well, here I sit....there is plenty for me to do.....




3 comments:

Janis said...

Yeh for sleeping babies!! Now take the next few months saving up sleep for the next one! :-) Seriously, a pooping doll? You are such a good mother!!

Bekki said...

I just found your blog, and I love it. I hope your littles all get well SOON!!

FLmom7 said...

I'm so glad Camille slept for you so you could get a good rest! Hooray! Sorry to hear about Charlotte Clair being so sick, I hope she is better soon. That's the dolly my dd wanted for Christmas, and I wasn't going to pay full price for it either...found out it was on clearance online and at the store, but it was snatched up before I could get it...oh well! I hope she enjoys her new doll.