summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

sorry, no heartbeat....

So so sad. I really thought I was going to see a wiggly little baby on that screen. But it is not to be. The baby is not developing, has stopped growing, is just not to be. The dr. said I am getting to be a pro at this and this is not a good thing to be getting to be a pro at: these sad sonograms. Oh, this one was not nearly as bad as when Robert William died, at 6 months....that was shocking. This was shocking too, but on a smaller scale. I felt that this pregnancy was just too good to be true. I was almost too happy about it. When the dr. said we should wait about a month before trying again, I just smiled. I didn't try anything, this baby was a gift. Straight out of the blue, I was going to have another baby. Now the gift was taken away, and I feel sort of empty.....and I have a horrible headache, probably hormone related. I cannot complain, however. I have my little Camille, and sweet little Charlotte Claire.....and Jonathan...they have so much affection for me. And the older kids are so precious. Samuel made icecream cones for the kids after dinner. When he was finished, I asked him to put some in the scoop for me, and Joseph, who had come to sit next to me, said, "Make Mom a cone.."....I started to protest, and Joe said, "Why not, Mom? It will make you feel better. Sam, make Mom a cone." Being a 17 year old boy, he couldn't really hug me and tell me he felt bad, but that was his way of telling me he understood I was suffering.

Yeah, after I found out about the baby, I had to go to the waiting room and tell Mali. What fun. And of course we still stopped at the store on the way home. We bought the 4 pound bag of caramel creams. Which did make us feel a little better. ha. I got some bagels and cheese and pepperoni and bacon, so the kids could make their own bagel pizzas (thank you Kim for the idea).....

Mali and I were very hungry before we went to the store. Very hungry. I had only one dollar and some change, but that made over two dollars, that meant we could get two things from the dollar menu. We decided to go to the KFC drivethrough and get 2 Buffalo chicken snackers for 99cents each. The total came to $2.79....I questioned it, said I thought they were 99cents each. The girl said, No, only the original and the barbecue. I told her it said Buffalo on the sign too....and she put her little hands on her little hips and said she would go out and check the sign herself, because those were NOT included.......and I will not tell you what I said as I put the car in drive and drove away without buying anything. Because it was not nice. I'll give you a hint: I told her where to go, a place that I seriously wouldn't wish on my worst enemy, but at that moment, she obviously was my worse enemy. She didn't even hear me, she was going to check out the sign. But I think I gave Mali a shock. Seriously though, I was about to tell her, : Do you know what I am going through here???? First my brother, then my dog, now my baby???

Yes, I have lots of things to cry about tonight. And I do think I will. But in all this I still am thankful for so many things....I appreciate the kids I have been blessed with.....but oh, I am still so sad. So sad. I wanted this baby.

30 comments:

girlonwheels said...

Sending my thoughts, prayers and hugs your way.

Anonymous said...

So Sorry for your loss. :( I have a few online friends who have experienced a loss just as you have. I too lost my little one in early April. She was my 4th baby lost. I had 2 babies go home early and 2 babies grow to be full term and then go home before they were born. It hurts so bad sometimes, but this too is all part of GOD's plan for my life. I hope you feel HIS hugs often and get through this.I also hope HIS blesses you with more children. I will not be able to have any more children so I ask for GOD's mercy every day. Lots of love from our family to yours, and "Way to go boys!!!!" Aren't they great, so manly and already our heros?!

Morgan said...

I am so sorry. :(

Jennifer said...

I am so sorry for you loss. I will keep you in my prayers lots of hugs to you.

Piper Paradise said...

I am so very sorry. I will say an extra prayer for you tonight.

Peta said...

Im at a loss as to what to say. I was so hoping this baby was a gift from God to help you in the passing of your brother (I know nothing will ever replace him).Im am just so so very sorry.

Anonymous said...

I have been reading your blog for a while but not commented yet, why I don't know.

So today i just wanted to tell you that you are thought of way down here near Sydney. I am so sorry you have to go through this. I wish you strength. Be kind to yourself.

Bobbie-Jo said...

I am so sad with you.

Jessica said...

I love reading your blog. I am so sad for you right now. I will continue praying for you to have peace and comfort in this difficult time.

Cassandra said...

I am so sorry Della, I had hoped to come on here and read your good news :-( ((((((Huge hugs)))))) and know that i am thinking of you...

I just have to say that your boys are just so sweet, you have done the most awesome job with all your children....

Cassandra xx

Nanny Debbie said...

Della, I am so so sorry. I am thinking and praying for you all the way over the sea in London, England.
Debbie x

Anonymous said...

oh no!!!
I'm so sorry about the news! You deserve so much better that this series of events!! Life is not about being fair... But you'll see your child again in heaven. Keep up your hope and your faith.
Life is unfair but God is faithful. :)

Deb said...

De-lurking to tell you how sorry I am and will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I, too, have had a few miscarriages, and though it has been over 20 years now, I still wonder about those children.

I love your blog and your honesty. Your children and your husband are so lucky to have you. You're a terrific mom and the love you have to give is overwhelming.

Anonymous said...

Oh no honey I'm so sorry! I'm here if you want to talk! Luv you, heather

AUTISMOMMA said...

(((Della)))

KrustyLynn said...

I am so sorry.

jen said...

I am so sorry to hear your sad news. God bless.

Debbie said...

Sorry to hear of your loss..praying for you ((((hugs)))

Standinginhislight said...

Oh Della, Do you know how incredibly amazing you are? Many (((hugs))) to you my friend as I am so sorry to hear about your lil angel. What a challenging season this has been for you, yet as you mourn so gracefully from each event, you share from your heart, and I know that somehow you, in your trials, are gifting others with a sense of hope for their own situations. May the emptiness you feel be filled with the gentle peace of Christ's love.
~Sheri

KrustyLynn said...

Hey, Della...

I'd like to send you a little card...would you be creeped out by sending me your address? It's okay either way...but my email is KrustyLynn@gmail.com feel free to send it there. :)

Thank you! We love you!

Unknown said...

I am so sorry to hear the sad news about your baby. I am praying that God give you the strength that you need to get through this trying time. God Bless you!

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Pam's Pride said...

I am so sorry! Sending hugs and prayers!!

Grace said...

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. May the love of God surround and comfort you.

Enola said...

((Hugs)) Della, I am so so sorry for your loss. I will be praying for you and your family.

OurLilFullFam said...

Della,

I am so sorry.

You have done an excellent job with your children, look at the sweet spirits they have!

Stephanie

Joni said...

I am so sad to read the news you received at your ultrasound appt. I can truly relate - I was expecting number 8, and last fall I also went to my ultrasound appointment, excited to see that amazing little one in there, and was also told that the baby was not living. I'm feeling it a bit again when I have a couple sisters and a niece having babies soon (and I would have been due soon) - it's kind of hard, but of course at the same time I'm excited for them and to meet their little ones. I am always touched by your realness, and the beauty of the love you feel and show toward your children. Take care of yourself.

Renata said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm praying for you. May God give you the strength to stay strong.

Robin said...

I'm so very sorry!!! You'll be in my prayers (((hugs))).

Kerry said...

This little baby was loved very much even though s/he was only with you for a short time. I'm so sorry that it wasn't different...I am so very sorry for your loss.