summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, April 26, 2009

oops, I didn't mean to publish that...

For the first time in my year and a half of blogging, I am sort of at a loss about what to write about. Oh, I could mention how I got up and dressed all the kids and we all went to church....how I was tempted to skip, but I was in much need of encouragement...how I truly did get built up in my spirit, to seek His kingdom in my situations in life....I could mention how wonderful it was to see my friends there....and how I am glad I pushed myself to go....how nice it is that 14 of the kids went with us...and how much I realize lately that we have it SO good, in that the young people are so much a part of the church....

Then, how the older kids talked me into going to the outlet mall with them....Mirielle, Aaron, Mali, Margaret, and Kathryn. I could write about how much fun I had with my kids, how we laughed and fooled around....and how sad I felt when I went into my favorite store, Carter's. Full of baby things, that place. I did get my little girls some sweet things, and a few nice shirts for Mr. Jonathan for $3.99 each. Aaron's sneakers were giving him blisters, so he got new ones for less than $30, and he got a shirt and a hoodie for $3 each. How we decided to bring home pizza for dinner, then changed our minds and went to Wegmans for hamburger. 90%burger for $1.99 a pound....we got rolls, pickles, lettuce, and of course a gallon of milk. We left the store and I realized that since it was almost 7p.m., we should get pizza and save the burgers for tomorrow, when it is going to be almost 90 degrees out.

We went through 4 1/2 of the 5 pizzas I brought home...

Well, this is interesting: Mali had her Easter basket in her room this whole time....the other baskets are gone, dumped into one bowl, with just a little left. Well, Mali comes in here with all this candy, and we are practically attacking her. She gave me two maltballs and one tootsie roll, Aaron is trying to get Starburst jellybeans, Mirielle is asking her to throw her something, and Ab is asking for peanut M&M's....then Charlotte Claire said, "Charlotte is here behind you!" I guess she wants some too. Well, that's what she gets for saving it up around here.

Tomorrow I have to take Mali to the dentist again....and it is going to be hot, so I may pick the kids up from school. The bus ride is tooooo long and tooooo hot.

Is this boring enough? I'm sorry, I am tired and sort of distracted by the movie "Elizabeth" that Mirielle, Mali, and Abigail are watching....I am also just starting to cramp and all that other unpleasant stuff, so my suffering isn't over yet. I can't believe the weekend is over, and another week is starting. Life does march on. Jon is turning 5 years old this week, and Sonja K. is turning 7! I don't know when we will fit in a birthday party, but we will. The youth here in our church are having around 40 youth from Norway visit here this weekend. They will be going out to a restaurant on Friday night, and are trying to decide on a really "American" place to take them. (I told them if they need rides, I would be glad to take the 15 passenger van (I would just love to go along))...

I need to get Miss Charlotte Claire to bed. She got to be the sweetie pie who got to stay up late and get all the attention tonight....

2 comments:

cheryl said...

Hey.. count me in on the field trip! (Friday night) Just hope that none of them read(s) your comments, I know they read your blog!! We should be really secretive so they don't know what we're up to!!!
By the way, I hope you're okay. Be sure not to overdue it (Hah!) But really.
And who would have thought we'd be having a "heat wave" in April? Don't we have enough to NOT complain about??

Cassandra said...

Isnt it funny, Jon is turning 5 and Brady just turned 5 and Sonja is turning 7 and at the end of May so is Paige, Our kids ages are so similar....

Oh and i love what you didnt know to write about, i love hearing all the stuff you do!

Cassandra xx