summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, December 3, 2009

afternoon in the sun....

Nice picture, eh? I took it myself, and I am a professional. ha.
I got a little bit sunburned yesterday so I had to be careful today. I put sunscreen on like five times, and stayed in the shade for a bit. This is what it looked like from our lounges in the shade...

After sitting in the shade for a while, we walked down the beach a bit for the beach barbecue, which had jerk chicken, pork, spicy rice, and other yummy stuff, with of course the steel drum band playing. We ate out on the terrace. This is the dessert plate I took last night at the buffet. I didn't eat the tart, it looks good but tasted awful. The chocolate cake was a 7.5, with Mirielle's being a 9. Out of ten. Although I did like the layer of vanilla under the chocolate, it balanced it out from being to sweet. The cake part just wasn't as moist and fudgy as Mirielle's. The other little pastries were awesome, just melt-in-your melt good. Yes, the food is delightful here. At the breakfast buffet, there is a guy just taking orders for eggs, sort of like I do at home. Only he always makes what people want, he doesn't say, "sorry honey, no scrambled to day..."This morning I had an omelet with bacon, peppers, onions, and chopped tomatoes. I cannot eat the fruit here, as I see that they chop it all on the same cutting board, and I am allergic to pineapples and bananas. But I do have fresh squeezed orange juice every morning. Aaron, there is a smoothie bar at breakfast, you just point to the fruits you want, and they make them up for you.
Paul and I are the minority here. Russians, Indians, French....and lots and lots of others....oh, and lots of Canadians with their distinct accent (they say ToronTO, we say Torono).....so the food at the buffet is varied, lots of different cheeses and fish. The foreigners seem to like the pizza and french fries. (well, the fries ARE good. Very good). But the jerk chicken...oh, I am smitten.
Just to let you guys at home know, I am not keeping up on things there. I only go on the computer long enough to write these little snippets, then log back off. So remember everything to tell me when I get home, or call Cheryl and have her write in on here. I do miss you guys. But this is so much fun!!!!


No comments: