summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

another day in paradise...and thank you cheryl!!

This is a pelican...I took a better picture but it takes forever to load pictures here. Jamaican time. Cheryl would love it here. They are in no particular hurry. And Cheryl, thank you! For all the nice things, and for blogging, and for checking up on the kids....now you should write about you and your family! Especially about Katie and her cancer and Audrey's miraculous birth...and before I forget, give Grace Annais a big birthday spanking from Aunt Della! Tell her she will get her hug later. And her present.
These boats are Jamaican guys trying to sell things. They are not allowed on the beach, so they make due.

This the view from our balcony. Right down there an Indian (from India) wedding took place today. Then later this afternoon we saw a just married couple in their lovely clothes jump into the endless pool together, and everyone cheered.
There is a spirit of vacation here. The guys and girls who work here try very hard to make everyone feel welcome and relaxed. It is so very much fun.
Last night we watched a Reggae show, and it was out of this world. Then Mirielle, Miss Jamaica came up on stage! I took a picture, but it came out blurry.
I am going to take pictures of all the desserts from now on. Today we ate the Beach hotel, out on the huge veranda, with the ocean breeze blowing. My dessert: one small cream puff covered in white chocolate drizzled with chocolate. I am trying really hard to just sample the yummy stuff. I want to try all the desserts, just not all at once. I will get another one soon though, and take a picture.
The food is soo good, and the sun is so warm, and the pool is cool, and the swim-up bar is wonderful. Can you imagine dad and I sitting there on the stools in the water sipping icewater with lime? (we don't drink rum ALL the time).....
Yes, it is nice here. It is especially nice that we have some time together. Thank you to all of you at home for encouraging us to come here, and volunteering to hold down the fort. Thanks for being good to the kids there, and being so responsible that dad and I aren't worried.
Be good.....we love you!!!!
And Cheryl, thanks again!!


1 comment:

AUTISMOMMA said...

I am glad you are having such a good time. The pictures are wonderful!

BTW, what are the boat guys selling, anyway? I can't even imagine and the only things that come to mind are not legal. :P