summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, December 3, 2009

I would so love it there!!

Especially the part about being in no particular hurry!! ( I must hurry this and get myself in bed!) I didn't miss the intention of that comment, Della, but you know I'm never really late, I just hate looking at my watch. It's one of my many major faults. Personally, I think it's better than always being early.
When I told Evelyn that I was going to save my money so I could go where you are (in the future, not right now), she said she would rather save to go to Norway. Without hesitation.
You are reminding me of the trip Bill won (yes, my husband WON an all expenses paid, dream vacation to Hawaii for 2, 10 years ago, through his job. We even had a nice spending allowance, meals, car, etc. at a luxury resort.) I was at first hesitant about going because I didn't want to leave the kids, but Della offered to keep all 7 of them at her house!! I thought I'd be miserable missing them, but, surprise! we had a wonderful, romantic time. We did find ourselves talking about them quite a bit, and I did take out their pictures to show to complete strangers, but I knew they were safe and having a great time with their cousins. It was better than the honeymoon we never had, and I recommend a trip like that, or any trip at all, with your spouse, after you've been married for some years. You really appreciate it! So, save your money, skip the fancy honeymoon, and take the trip down the road. Or, take the fancy honeymoon, and take a more modest trip later. I don't know, it all sounds good right about now. Especially a trip to where it's sunny!!
Well, I hope I don't hate you and your tan too much when you get back. (I'm not really this awful, but I do prefer to have a tan myself, and am jealous when I see someone looking like they've been on vacation.) (I still sit out in the winter if it's sunny, and I have an appointment with the dermatologist on Dec. 30th.) Do I use parentheses too often? (I think it's a sign that someone should be hitting the hay.) So, Della, do you see now why I don't have my own blog???
Keep having a great time, I hope it's not going by too fast. And sample as many desserts as you can without embarrassing anyone. After all, has anyone ever said "I shouldn't have eaten that dessert!"???

1 comment:

Tereza said...

oh but you should have your own blog:)