summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, December 17, 2009

thursday morning....

And Rosie the dog has been a bad girl. She sneaked a taste of Jonathan's waffle, and I had to throw it away. Then Jonathan thought it was a good idea to go get a drink, and he left his waffle unattended.....Rosie KNEW it was bad, but she ate his food all up, gobble and crunch. Then she looked at me with those innocent eyes. I told her BAD DOG, LIE DOWN. And she did. She knows she was bad, but she just couldn't help it. Waffles are SO much better than puppy chow.

I let them eat their breakfast at the LittleTikes picnic table in the living room. Yes, we have an outdoor picnic in the living room. (but it IS the brown one, so it doesn't look too bad) It was supposed to be for just one night....but it is SO very convenient. They can eat breakfast while watching Curious George. It is much warmer and cozier (wait, is that "cosier" or "cozier"? Neither looks right, and that is how I guage how to spell a word...) in the living room than in the kitchen, with all that tile. Tile is cold. It is nice for summertime. But today it is FREEZING here in the Northeast. It won't hit twenty degrees today.

And yes, I do have to go out and about, I have to head up North a bit for that stupid driving test. Well, the test itself is not stupid, but come on. I do not need one more kid driving around here. As it is, we are maxed out on the insurance, they only allow 5 drivers. But kids grow up and learn to drive, it is just life. It DOES come in handy sometimes, too. But I would rather have them all stay little, 'cause little kids say, "Yes, Mommy!!" , when mommy wants to drag them all to Walmart. Big kids hurry me. If I can get them to go at all. And big kids grumble and groan when I get a good idea to go to the zoo or the childrens' museum.

But big kids also are very fun. They stay up very late and quote lots of movies and share in getting a kick out of things the little kids do, like when Camille ran out of the kitchen shouting that someone had "fawted", but I won't say who it was. I have to be careful not to embarrass anyone on here. The older kids were not allowed to say that word, and to hear a two year old say it is just plain funny.

Well, I have brushed the little girls' hair, and they are all ready, but Jon is going slowly and needs help and attention.....Oh and Cheryl: Thank you for the boots!!! They are really nice, I haven't tried them on yet, but I will wear them regardless. I am so spoiled, seriously. Emily brought me home some Birkenstocks that she bought that ended up being just a little too short on her, and are my exact size! They are nice looking clogs, that I can wear in the winter without looking like a total....well just lets just say I will look okay. But today is a boots day!

No comments: