summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, December 11, 2009

they all went to school today

This is a little blurry, but I thought it was cute of Charlotte Claire....
Sonja read this story to us.
Charlotte Claire and Camille NEVER get bored. Eating ice cubes on a cold winter night in my chair with a few books is fine with them.



Charlotte Claire had nice warm jammies on, but she found this dress, and that was that.



Jonathan is keeping warm under my robe. He got his new Hess truck in the mail from his nice gramma in Florida. He could not have been more excited. Like his Jamaican beads?



I was trying to adjust my shutter speed, and was taking random pictures...and I thought this one of Kathryn was interesting.






Suzanne Eleanor reading a story.






Mali, Mali, the dog does not belong on the couch. I found this picture when I loaded them this morning, so this happened after I went to bed. Okay, Back In Time:
15 years ago this Christmas.....
Our house was only two years old, and it was very very clean. I had just found out I was expecting number 8, who turned out to be Samuel James. Emily, my oldest, was 9 years old, almost ten.
Abigail was 8
Benjamin was 6
Mirielle was 4
Joseph was 3
Aaron was 2
Mali was 9 months old.
It is funny to look back and wonder how I managed, but I WAS only 29, so I felt a heck of a lot better than I do now.
So here I am, with my youngest TWO years old. It is still pretty busy, and she still wakes up a few times most nights, just to make sure I am still there. I could have slept in easily this morning. I was hoping hoping hoping that there was a snow day here, but no such luck. Right now the sun is shining, but it is cold out.
The kids don't seem to mind the cold, they were out for a few hours yesterday, on and off. It got dark out and they still were playing out there. I like that, it is SO much better than being in here in front of the tv. I just don't like them watching too much. Last night, Jonathan had a little fit because I had them turn it off after a half-hour show. Sorry sweetie, you can cry if you want to. Not that I like crying, but sometimes a mom just has to put her mean foot down. I don't have hard and fast rules about tv, because if they are sick or something, I don't mind. Or if they have just been out playing for a while, it is okay for a bit. But I like to see them writing books and playing house and building forts. Suzanne is the book-writing machine these days. She has written a whole series of "Grace" books. "Grace Can't Jump", and "Grace Gets Mad", and "Grace Goes To School".....they are really good books.
Well, I have to move it here. Camille is still sleeping, my big girls are in Connecticut, Benjamin and Joseph are still sleeping, so it is just Charlotte Claire and I. hmm....cut out cookies?







2 comments:

cheryl said...

I can't WAIT to read the Grace series!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I think that is a great attitude towards TV, I feel the same. Kids loose their imagination if they're in front of the box all the time. And there is sooo much other stuff to do. But it does take a mum who is willing to offer other options and supplies so good on you!