summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Christmas is coming......

and this morning, the first thought I had was of the baby I lost in the spring....I had bought only one outfit for this baby, a little Santa Claus suit. I know, I know, I have 16 healthy beautiful children, but.....

Well, not ALL so healthy. Camille started croupy coughing last night. That dreadful barking cough. I grabbed her right up and took her into bed with me, which if you know me at all, this is NOT something I like to do. Several years ago, Mirielle had severe croup and had an ambulance ride to the hospital, where she stayed for a few days. So I am scared enough when I hear that distinctive cough.

Anyway, she seems fine this morning, and has no fever. With Mirielle, the problem was that her throat was swollen, she had an infection as well as the croup virus, so her throat closed up. Croup seems worse at night. It wasn't bad enough last night to take her into the shower or give her prednisone, but I felt better with her in my arms.

So Christmas is coming, and I have not finished shopping yet. Tomorrow Abigail turns 23, and I don't have a present for her yet. Since her birthday is in December, she is the queen of slippers, mittens, and cozy blankets for her birthday. So this year I would like to get her something different. I guess time is running out. I still have to get some things for the kids secret Santas at church, and for school.

It is a beautiful day today, it might even reach thirty degrees, and it is sunny. The little girls made French Toast this morning, and then watched "Hannah Montana", and now are dressing to go outside to play. Not Charlotte Claire and Camille, they might go out later for a bit. They are too little to go out for hours on end like the bigger kids.

I have swept the floors, and taken care of some laundry, then sat here holding Camille while I drank my coffee....and Rosie is chasing cars and I have things to do......

1 comment:

Amy Hall said...

Your opening caught my attention. I miscarried a precious one last Feb. Also, we lost a twin at two hours old, 3 Novembers ago. (There was another miscarriage between the two.) Even though we have been sooo blessed with our 5 wonderful, healthy children, my heart yearns to hold those sweethearts that I'll only see in Heaven. Something about the Holidays that brings them to mind...