summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, December 10, 2009

oops!!

I forgot to get up again this morning!! I guess after all these years of just waking up automatically, I need an alarm clock. The kids are getting a day off. I just can't see getting them ready and driving them to school in the wind and snow. It isn't blinding snow or anything, but the stuff that is coming down is going sideways. It would take more than the school's displeasure over me to get these kids dressed and go out there. I know, I am bad. But hey, we have lots of things we can do today! And I bet they will learn some interesting things here, too, like how to get along with each other.

All along, I thought Emily was flying into the airport here in central New York state. Then she sends an email that says, "See you in New York City!"....What? I live in New York, and have NEVER been in New York City, nor do I desire to. Buffalo, Rochester, Albany, Syracuse - they are enough for me. But I planned to have Aaron navigate, and bring maybe Benjamin and Mirielle or Abigail along for fun, and have a nice little trip....it is probably around 6 hours to get there... But Aaron looked up tickets from there to here, and we could get her one for around a hundred bucks, so we may not have to take that little trip.

Well, these excited kids are up and they are so funny that I cannot concentrate this morning.

2 comments:

Virginia Revoir said...

Wow, we never get snow here! I took my kids to see snow for the first time last year. They thought it was so cool.

Mrs Marcos said...

I love when you talk about Upstate NY. My husband's family is in Rochester and it feels like a second home to me. Also, I love, love, LOVE when you talk about Wegmans! Keep up the great work! :) We made the drive from Rochester to NYC once, long drive but we had fun.