summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, December 27, 2009

lazy sunday.....

I got up this morning and said a very sad goodbye to Stine. She is such a nice girl, so sweet and sincere, and she is going back to Norway today. Wah. She says she is coming back someday. After going online for a bit, I decided to treadmill. (I know, treadmill is NOT a verb. Or is it?) Breakfast: oatmeal with apples. And eggs and toast. Clean up kitchen. Vacuum livingroom and kitchen. Do some laundry, because Camille peed through her jammies and cuddled with an unknowing mama. It was a nice shirt, not an "around the house" shirt, but I decided since it is the last day of Paul's vacation, I would try to look nice. Well, not for long. Then I took Jonathan, Charlotte Claire, and Camille outside since it is comparatively warm out there, compared to last week anyway. But it is still chilly and damp and when the sun is behind the clouds, downright cold. We explored around the yard, I found a sippy cup, a regular cup, and two towels that they used to dry out the wagons, then left in them. We were cold, and under the swings so muddy, I brought them in before they wrecked their cute little snow boots.

Lunch, and now this break. It is semi-quiet in here. Emily took Aaron, Mali, Margaret, and Kathryn with her to a city a bit north of here to meet up with two Canadian friends who are in Ottowa. They decided to meet half-way and have lunch together. The girls were in Norway with Emily, and they got to be friends. Aaron is taking the other sisters to the mall up there. hmm. I hope they behave.

So that has been my day so far. A few fights, a few owies, a couple of spills, and overall quite vacation-y.

Abigail is going to take Joseph driving, and Sam is going along too. Oh dear, they are having some sort of party that involves blankets and comforters and pillows. They bring them out so effortlessly, but getting them to put them back....oh great, they are jumping from the booster seat into the pile of blankets. Oh, they have perfected the game: they are jumping from the couch, instead.

Well, Camille needs to be changed, she stinks and is jumping into the pile, so my break is over.

No comments: