summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, February 5, 2021

a work in progress...

 That's me.  You'd think I'd be full of patience by now, and not be blindsided by a random interaction with a teenager, but nope.  I'm reeling here, what did I say?  Or was it how I said it?  Then I think well, being a good mom doesn't mean the kids always like you, right?  I actually said, "Someday you'll thank me."  ha.  I don't put my foot down very often, and when I do, it stings.  I don't like being the bad guy, and luckily I have really good kids, but sometimes, just sometimes...rrr.  

So that's how my day is going.  It's good place to be, a place where you know you don't know everything, a place where you see your need, and know you need wisdom, you need help.   God indeed gives grace when we're humble.

Yesterday, we did go to Target, but just to get a new space heater for the girls' room.  They do their virtual school in there, and it gets cold!  I did behave myself, got the heater, one $3 flower, and a small gift for Suzanne's birthday, which is coming in a few weeks.



Isn't that pretty for three bucks?  (it's fake!)

It was a lovely day to be out and about...the Seneca River:


Orange Guy:  he thinks he BELONGS on the table!



Yesterday afternoon, I dragged the girls out for a walk...


It was almost 40 degrees, and sunny!

Dinner was fantastic last night.  We stopped into Price Chopper because they had sirloin steak for $2.99 a pound.  It was a nice day, and Jonathan agreed to grill.  I made fries in the air fryer, I only ate ONE, and steamed some broccoli, which I then swirled around in the frying pan with some butter.  mmm.   After dinner, I finished off the keto peanut butter cookies I made the other day.  They weren't truly "keto", because I used regular peanut butter, which has sugar in it, but I made them with almond flour, and "fake" sugar.  They weren't the best, and weren't the healthiest, but it's nice to have a cookie!

I have the ingredients for my triple batch of chocolate chip cookies, all set out on the counter.  It seems to have become a Friday thing, baking cookies.  The first tray is for Camille, no chocolate chips, just some rainbow sprinkles...16 kids, and everyone of them, spoiled rotten ha.  


5 comments:

Marilyn said...

Hi Della......I’m baking too. Some banana oatmeal muffins......gluten free of course........and these are delicious πŸ˜‹ It’s a regular recipe I’ve converted and have it down pat now and they are good. I make them all the time and my hubby hovers......waiting..........πŸ˜†πŸ˜† And yes, one DOES need patients with teens, because they know everything and let you know! πŸ˜‰ Then the next minute as nice as pie. I’m making a blanket out of that loopy yarn.....did I tell you that already πŸ™„ and it’s so nice. Easy to do,...... I’m going to give it to my sister in law for her 80th birthday πŸ₯³ I’m not going anywhere on this dreary day so will work on the blanket. Have a lovely day! πŸ₯°

Marilyn from Canada πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦

Judy Weniger said...

I always want to be liked but as a mom sometimes you just aren’t. A friend and I had this discussion today, I have 7 and she has 6. With those numbers you know that there will be days they don’t like you. Both of us raised a few and when they left home we each adopted 3 daughters. All this to say we have both had kids in our homes for many years, for me it’s 48 years.Lots of chances to be a mean mom. Lol... and yes, I have said”someday you will thank me.” Now that my one daughter has three older teens, she is more likely to be the mean mom than I am and she forgives me. Haha
Have a good week end. We are getting our second snow of the week Sunday. More snowmen in our yard.
Judy

Linda said...

Oh oh...those teen years are something else, aren't they?--- I deal with "Karens" all day long, worse than a 2 year old and worse than teenagers, sigh...I have to remind myself every single day certain God's truths.

Looks like another winter storm will be heading in here soon...sigh...hey, its Feb. right? smiles

Betty said...

I enjoy your blog and today when I saw the Seneca river brought back memories of growing up in baldwinsville. Left my 26 hrs ago for Florida. Your photos remind me of what a beautiful area it was. Blessings to you and your family.

16 blessings'mom said...

Betty, it is a beautiful area! The Red Mill Inn area is gorgeous. We went on an cruise starting there at the lock, down Onondaga Lake, a few years ago, a dinner cruise. It's lovely, although Onondaga Lake: well, it's better than it used to be, but oh dear that lake is polluted.
Linda, sorry you deal with all the Karens! Why oh why are people so difficult sometimes? God does always have something of value to teach us in it all, if we're awake to it. Another storm? Why would I be surprised, yet I am...isn't spring just around the corner? Not yet? dang.
Judy, that is a long time to have kids in the house! wow!
Marilyn, that blanket sounds lovely, and the muffins too!