summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, February 13, 2021

what a strange day so far!

 I had to get up early, on this frigid Saturday morning, which is no fair.  Our internet wasn't working, and the technician was to arrive between 8 and 9 this morning.  Paul was up at 5:18, to get ready to go ice fishing, of all things, brrr.  I was like NO WAY,  I need to fall back to sleep.  I eventually did, but it was that fitful sleep, full of horrifying scenarios of the internet guy banging on the door, and me being in my awful pajamas and no bra on.   At seven, I decided enough was enough, and got up and got properly dressed, made coffee, and tidied up the entryway, because we wouldn't want the internet guy to think we're slobs, would we?

Of course he came to the OTHER door, and traipsed through the house, good thing it was spotless, ha.  The dogs were locked in my room, barking their furry little heads off, but the teenagers just slept through it all.  

The internet is all fixed.  Paul texted me and asked me what was wrong with it, well, how would I know?  The guy climbed up the pole out front, fixed some things, used a little meter, chatted away about how he has a few more places to go to, and how cold it is out, and told me to have a really good day, and left.  It took almost an hour, so hopefully he fixed it good.

I had to drive Paul to work yesterday, he actually went into the office, because the internet was out.  After the girls got on the bus, I went out, all by myself, again.  I had a mission:  strawberries.  We're having a little Valentines party this evening, and we want to dip some strawberries in chocolate...Aldi had them $1.49 a pound, limit four, so I went to two Aldi.   I also went to the fabric store, oh how nice it was to meander there!  I didn't get much, but it sure was fun.

I really really wanted to go to Target, but we all know that things would just jump into the cart, and the total would miraculously be 84% more than it would seem possible.   

Home, ahh home, but not for long!  The groceries put away, little Valentine bags made for Anya and Elise, my swimsuit and towel packed, and off to pick Paul up from work, then bye bye, over to the pool to meet Ben and Ashley and those little girls, to swim for 45 minutes.  Lydia was with them too!  It felt fantastic to be in the water, it was the first time I've been to the Rec center since March.  We are going to try to make it our Friday thing.  

Home, ahhh...no, dinner was not made.  They said it was because they wanted it to be fresh and hot for me, but they were really just plonked on the couches on their phones.  We all pitched in and made some good din-din though.  I made burgers, Sonja cut up red onions and tomatoes, and got out the pickles, ect., Camille made both onion rings and tater tots in the air fryer.  I resolved to have only one of each, but eeks, I had a few more than that.  Swimming does make one ravenous.  Charlotte Claire decided to make herself a panini, which was fine with me.  She had been craving one...

I gave the girls some little bags too, with some chocolates...they enjoyed cracking into it while we watched a few episodes of...Grey's Anatomy.  I know, it's a horrible show, but...we watch it together.

Ah well...time to get moving, my fingers are cold, it's cold cold cold!  1 degree this morning! (-17.2C)...

But first, here's a cute pic of Kathryn and little Achilles, they visited Zion National Park yesterday in Nevada...



And Jonny...isn't it gorgeous there?

And Suri, keeping warm:


Keep warm!

2 comments:

Linda said...

Expecting another winter storm to roll in, sigh. I am so ready for change...anyways...wishing you a very Happy Valentine's Day, my friend.

Jeanette said...

I'm glad your cable guy came when he was supposed to even if he did go to the wrong door! Dinner sounded good. I watched about half the seasons of Greys Anatomy, it just goes on and on!!!