summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, February 10, 2021

sweetness...

 



The purple "diamonds", the extra dough, cut with a pizza cutter ha.  The activity club kids liked them!

So I got up at 4:28 this morning, and drove Jonathan to the airport.  I do not like getting up in the night while it's still dark, all of 12 degrees out, and starting my car.  I know, technically it was "morning".  Jonathan packed last night, all by himself.  On the way to the airport, he realized he forgot his swim trunks.  Did I tell you they are going on a vacation when he gets there?  They are flying to Nevada, renting a car, and visiting some national parks.  The hotel pools have time slots you can reserve.  He might just have to find a Walmart.

He is still there at the airport, 7 hours later, flight delayed over and over again.  They were going to route him to Chicago, then San Fran, but his layover in Chicago went from an hour, down to 20 minutes, which is almost impossible.  Now he says they might send him to Denver...poor guy.  He seems okay, but hey, I'm not.  It's hard to send him off on his own!  But he's so independent, and can most likely take care of himself.  most likely.

This fine day, I have to go to the dermatologist.  I almost cancelled, because...I hate going to the doctor.  Especially the dermatologist, you have to be inspected everywhere, and well, my belly hasn't seen the light of day too much in like 35 years.  I'm no swimsuit model.  I almost cancelled, but Sonja K. reminded me that it's more expensive in the long run to have things that aren't taken care of when they're small.  True.  Last year, there were some pre-cancerous little spots that had to be taken care of.  It's the beginning of the year, we have a huge deductible, and I do hate to spend the money.  But, I'm going.  

I'll be out and about all by my lonesome, so who knows where I'll stop afterwards...

Oh, tomorrow, fun:  I'm going to the rec center pool!  I have not been since before the pandemic.  You reserve a lap lane, and swim!  Ben and Ashley and their two little girls are going, too.  I'm very excited, I do love swimming.  

I've procrastinated long enough, time to hurry up and get out the door!

4 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Yep. I dislike any doctor appointment, dermatologist included, but it is so much better to catch any issue early. My appointment is in April. I hope yours went well, and you are home sweet home now, all done for another year!

Susan said...

Jonathan sounds very mature for his age. I have always enjoyed reading how kind he is to the smaller children/grandchildren.
Those cookies look so festive, I bet the kids loved them!
Susan

Marilyn said...

Hi Della.........I hope Jon finally was able to reach his destination πŸ˜” Poor you too........it’s a mother’s lot in life to worry about our kids till the day we die!! Those cookies are just lovely.........you are very talented in my opinion πŸ₯° I bet the kidlets loved them πŸ’œ How did your appointment go today? Hopefully all was good.............Ttfn....

Marilyn from Canada πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦

Cheryl said...

Why should you be ashamed? Your belly has carried 16 children and it will never look like a swimsuit model's belly.
I also get like that over my weight and carry more than I should.
But, I eat healthy and get some exercise and am not 20 years old anymore, so I give myself a pass.
You look fine.