summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, February 24, 2021

beep beep beep forever?

 In the big scheme of things, a constant beeping isn't the worst thing.  

I would like to just say that I am fed up to HERE with the Mitsubishi Dealership repair department, and leave it at that, but what would be the fun in not telling the story?

It's not covered this time.  19,000 miles on the car, the emergency brake sensor emitting that beeping, and I was accused of tampering with it.   Not exactly ME doing the tampering, but she said we shouldn't have had work done on it by a non-certified dealer...she said, "Those pads look new, work was done."  Um, no one touched our car except for YOU GUYS!  (this is totally separate from the little banged up front fender, not related at all)   She was like that White House spokes lady, circling around and around. " It'll be $250 to check it out, but if you need the PART, which is $950, plus labor..."  Let me stop there for a minute, while my blood pressure goes back down, deep breath, okay.  

So for two hours we went back and forth, and I ended up walking out in tears, after telling her, "This is the nicest car I ever had...."  Yes, I drove back home in the beeping.  Over twelve hundred dollars to fix something that is NOT our fault?  

She is going to send the pics and the request to Mitsubishi, which will take a week or so, no sweat off THEIR ears.   She said they probably won't cover it, sorry.  

So here I sit.  I tried to get ahold of the service department of the place we bought the car (the service dept there was closed for 2020, because of Covid).  No answer.  I didn't call back later, because I didn't feel like it.  

I want it fixed, but I don't want to fight anyone.  I do not like confrontation.  I do not.  I am not mad, but I am frustrated, and I am disappointed.  I am very, deeply, thankful that I was aware, during the whole maddening process, not to be rude or mean to the lady at the desk.  She was pregnant, and very nice.  It's not her fault, I don't think anyway, and even if it WAS, I'm not going to be mean to someone.  I didn't give up pressing the issue, from every angle I could think of, but got nowhere.  

I do hope Mitsubishi does the right thing.  Because yeah, we can scrape together over a thousand dollars, but that thousand dollars would buy a trip to visit Kathryn when her baby comes, or pay the heating bill.  It happened to this very car back in the fall, I brought it in, they fixed it up, it happened to my daughter Mariel's Mitsubishi, they fixed hers no problem...it shouldn't happen in the first place, a person should be able to use their emergency brake, without BEEP BEEP BEEP.

This afternoon, Charlotte Claire, Camille, and I went on a little trip to the thrift store.  We had a big box of dishes we had cleaned out of the cupboards a bit ago, that we stuck in Jonny's room when we had our Valentine's Day party.  He's coming home tonight, so we thought to take care of it.  We also went in to the thrift store, and found some good things.  Char got a cute skirt and a top, I found a little girls's snow suit for either Kathryn and Darius' baby girl, which is coming in June, or Sam and Grace's baby girl, which is due in August.  It was FIFTY CENTS.  All kids clothing was on special for 99 cents, but most of the tag colors were an additional 50% off.  I got Wulf some pants and a few shirts too, because...50 cents.  I got a nice working Fisher Price play table, with batteries, for $3.99.  

We then went to Walmart for a few things.  Just chocolate, tortilla chips, some fabric...not much....then home, ah home.

Dinner is on the hob, chicken breast seasoned with ginger, garlic, salt and pepper.  We're making stir fry, with asparagus.  

Then this evening, off into the beep beep beeper, to pick up Jonathan at the airport!!!

And here's a cute pic of Miss Charlotte Claire and Sunny Sunster...



10 comments:

Joybells said...

Wow. Words fail! I'm so sorry for your poor customer service
experience and I can't believe you went around and around for two hours!! How disappointing when you were so looking forward to having it fixed. I really hope Mitsubishi does the right thing.

Joy from Salem

Marilyn said...

Oh Della.........I got mad just reading about your trip to the dealership 😑😑😑😑 Honestly, they are a bunch of crooks!! They must have a record of you going there before! Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!! Send Paul over there. I think they sometimes take terrible advantage of women, I really do. I take mine to an independent mechanic who does warranty work......I’m not under warranty any more, but I used to go for my regular checkups at the dealer until one day they said I will have to get something or other done next time and gave me an estimate and what this problem supposedly was........$2500.........so I took the estimate etc to this guy my friend goes to and they checked it, could find nothing of the sort. This was 5 years ago and nothing has ever happened. I take my vehicle in for regular maintenance and whatever this was never happened. Terrible, isn’t it? Anyhow you got some great buys at the thrift store πŸ₯°

Marilyn from Canada πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦

Susan said...

I am so disappointed that Mitsubishi failed you but I am so proud that you were able to control your anger. In my mind that van is brand new, I am thinking you got it right before your summer camping trip. Well, I did have to laugh when you recognized it would be no fun not to tell the sad van story.
I was wondering if Jon has graduated from school? If so, I have missed that.
♥️Susan

16 blessings'mom said...

Joy, I know, I hope they do too. Life is interesting, you have to go through trials to learn wisdom and patience, but when you are actually in the trial, wow! I am thankful for all that God has to show me in it all.
Marilyn, I agree, they ARE a bunch of crooks. I'm glad you got a second opinion. I said the very same thing, that Paul should deal with it, because I truly think they take advantage of women.
Susan, I did get the Mitsubishi July 20. It's still very new! Jonathan has not graduated yet, he's 16 and in eleventh grade. He will have to play catch up when he gets home, he arrives from Oregon tonight. He is 100% homeschooling/unschooling. I still send reports to the local school, but he mostly learns what interests him. We have some math to catch up on, and essay writing, ect.

Anonymous said...

Have you ever looked up on the web for hacks to fix things? My beloved Toyota has a sensor light that went crazy sometimes. We have spent more than $2500 on it (two different services) trying to get to the bottom of it. All indications is that it is an error, nothing is wrong. I was researching it on line and someone said to unplug the car battery for 10 minutes and then plug it back in. I tried that and it was fixed. It stayed fixed for about 6 month and then started again. I went out and unplugged it, fixed it right up. No idea what the problem is, dirt in the sensor, some wire loose, but I would much rather go out and unhook it 2 times a year then spend another dime on it.

Someone is bound to have a similar problem and may have an easy solution.
Kristi

16 blessings'mom said...

Kristi, I am right with you on the hacks and the do-it-yourself thing, Jonathan is ready to jump in and fix it. I'd rather not void what I thought was a comprehensive warranty, yet, I'll see if I can get them to fix it first. These exact cars were recalled for the exact problem a few years back, so you'd think they'd take responsibility.

Joybells said...

What is unschooling? It sounds interesting! I have two talented girls who love learning but we sometimes get bogged down with trying to check all the boxes that school wants. I keep thinking that perhaps there's a better way. Maybe once they get older and have some of the basics down we could shift gears so they continue to enjoy learning. :)

Joy

Anonymous said...

I was going to suggest send Paul next time! Ha! Good luck! I love cars when they work, but consider abandoning mine on the side of the road when they don't.

16 blessings'mom said...

Joy, our kids all went to public school, small school system, very good teachers, ect. Benjamin, our third oldest, decided to homeschool for tenth, eleventh, and senior year because he was having trouble walking the straight and narrow. ..his choice, totally. I'm not sure how much it helped, but it's moot anyway, he's all good.:). Then Kathryn decided the same thing, homeschooled for high school. Suzanne did one year, too. We pulled Jonathan out of school after 3rd grade, because it was a huge frustration for him. He did all of his work, but the teacher had a short fuse, Jon would finish his work, then the class would lose playtime because of general bad behavior....the next year, after Char finished second grade and Camille first grade, we let them homeschool too, for five years. They followed a very loose curriculum. I had to give the district a plan, it was always as general and loose as I could make it. We would go to the library, and get stacks and piles of books. They had those big thick workbooks that go up to 6th grade, with a bit of ever subject, for grammar, spelling, ect. They weren't allowed to play video games or watch things during the school day, so if the were bored, they played instruments or made dollhouses or did gymnastics. They basically learned about what they were interested in...then they both went back to Real school last year, 7th and 8th grades, and have done very well. I think being home for those years was good for them, but then they still have had such a full social life outside of school anyway, same with Jonathan. He NEVER gets bored!

Joybells said...

Della, thank you for sharing this! It sounds like your children thrived in "unschool" and I love that it was a thoughtful choice rather than just doing what was "expected". We'll see what the Lord brings for my kids but you have inspired me.πŸ’›

Joy