summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, February 16, 2021

snow and more snow...

 Since the girls are on vacation, I took them out and about today...the county had a travel advisory, lots of snow last night, then some ice on top, but it was cancelled by 9:30 this morning.  Paul so nicely got the snowblower out, and cleared the driveway, and off we went...beeeeep beeeeep all the way down the road, YES, I KNOW, CAR!  The emergency brake sensor is ON!



(just a wee bit of snow in the parking lot!)

We went to a nail salon first, so Miss Cam could get the gel polish removed, she hasn't been able to get it off from our salon trip in Florida in January.  We walked over to the thrift store from there, and I found a few good toys, which I need like a hole in the head.  But a little Fisher Price driving camper, with batteries in it, fully working, so cute!  A Gund stuffed Black Lab puppy, looked brand new?  yeah, put it in the cart. A spiffy and clean non stick frying pan for $1.99?  okay.  Charlotte Claire found a pretty vase for the avocado pit she's trying to grow.  So fifteen dollars worth of fun.  I let them choose something to eat, they decided Chinese take-out.  Then, a quick trip to Walmart...the Valentine's Day chocolate was all gone, but the girls chose some lollipops.  We got some seltzer, a package of bacon, some ground beef, a bag of tortilla chips, some more fresh cilantro, and a gallon of milk.

Home, ah home.  Too bad the gallon of milk had a leak in it, what a mess.  

It's snowing out again, we're to get 3-6 more inches tonight.  The girls want to go to their friend Amanda's house for the night, and I am NOT keen on driving in the snow, ugh.  It comes with the territory, I know, but I do try to avoid it.

It's getting dark in here already, time to turn some lamps on, and start making dinner.  A few short months ago, it would have been dark already at this time, so the days ARE getting longer.   Dinner is taco salad, again!  I had some eggs a few hours ago, so I'm not very hungry.  I'm used to eating only one meal a day, but occasionally I'll have a "first" meal of eggs.  

You'd think I'd be skinny, but NO, I am not.  I do have to remind myself that although I'm not losing weight like I think I should be, I am maintaining a 70 pound loss.  That's not easy.  I could gain it all back in five minutes, if I let myself.  

Ah well.  Time to make that dinner...:)

4 comments:

Stacy said...

You are speaking my language! I love to hit the thrift shops and I almost always come home with at least one toy for the grandkids. I'd rather do that to stock up my house than buy new things when they tire of them or outgrow them so quickly.

Linda said...

sighhhhhhhhhhh...yep same here weather wise and I am so over it. Soups and casseroles are the norm around here in the winter time...although, none of us wanted that last night, so the pizza guy was called, LOL.

Jeanette said...

Yes, every day it stays light just a little bit longer! Spring is so close now! I love thrift shopping. You seem to find a lot of good deals!

Cassandra said...

My 12 yr old is growing an avocado pit right now also :) She just has a mason jar and toothpicks but her dad is going to help her 3d print an avocado boat.