summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, February 9, 2021

hearts...


 Today, I'm going to bake a very small batch of sugar cookie cut out hearts, maybe a few flower shapes too.  Tonight is Junior Activity club, for kids from ages 2-4.  There are only 7 kids all together, and they don't always all come.  Tonight we're having a dance party with glow sticks, making some Valentines, coloring, having snack (fruit snacks and cookies).  

The butter has to soften up, that's my excuse for getting the ingredients out, then taking a break.  I also washed some dishes, watered the plants, put clothes in the dryer, and tidied things up a bit.  Today is a very quiet day here.  Sonja K. had an in-person college class, but is home now attending an online one.  Jonathan is working today at church, doing some projects, (he drove himself!  so strange...), and the younger girls are at school today.  

I can think of a million reasons why I need to run to Walmart, I get antsy and like to get out.  I want some specific fabric to make a little table runner, for starters.   The girls are having a Valentine's Day party here on Saturday evening.  We're hoping there will be an abundance of strawberries at Aldi on Friday, so we can dip them in chocolate.  I'm also bought some miniature cookies:  Chips Ahoy, Nutter Butters, and mini Oreos (they're so cute!), and thought they'd be really good dipped in chocolate, now why on earth wouldn't they be?  You could dip celery in chocolate and mmmm.   But, I'm staying home today.  I can get so much done when I stay home.

It's snowing out again, looks we live in the old snow globe.


A lazy pic of the front yard from my chair, don't you love the screen?

The tree branches are all snow covered, and the fresh snow covers the dirty snowbanks, I don't mind it at all.  

Ah well, time to get those cookies mixed up...maybe I'll post a pic later, can you even wait?  I don't eat them, but I love love love everything about seasonal cut out cookies...they are just so cool!


7 comments:

Marilyn said...

Good morning 😊 Cold here still 🥶🥶-41C with the windchill this morning. The dogs don’t linger outside for any longer than necessary I can tell you. I’m hoping this is going to go away real soon..........I believe Saturday. No dog walks for us for 3 days now 😬 They keep looking at us after lunch.....that’s when we normally go........follow us all around. Soon I tell them. Those cookies will be so cute. Do they get to decorate them? Will Wulf be there? He is such a darling. I baked some banana/oatmeal cookies yesterday. They are so good with our afternoon coffee. Sometimes I have a latte made with almond milk. That’s delicious 🤤 Last night I ate 2 chocolates......they were in the freezer from Christmas. I just really felt like one so ate 2. I said to my husband I don’t want to be lying on my death bed thinking ‘I should have eaten those chocolates’. We had a good laugh 😂😂 Anway, you have a good day! I have to go to the chiropractor this afternoon 🥶🥶🥶

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Billie Jo said...

I love your cozy afternoon, my friend.
I hope your cookies turned out perfectly!

Joybells said...

I get antsy too sometimes, and sabotage my work-at-home days by running errands that suddenly can't wait! I've resolved to stop doing that...we'll see how long it lasts. LOL. I love that you do Junior Activity Club. How nice for that age group to have a little club of their own. :)

Joy from Salem

Linda said...

Grin, perhaps Jonathan is meeting a girl? (ducking-that would be my first thought if Liam ever took the car, LOLOLOL)

Have a great day friend. smiles

16 blessings'mom said...

Marilyn, that is too funny, lying on your deathbed wishing you had eaten the chocolate, oh dear. I can just see the pups looking in askance, (is that a word?)...
Billie Jo, I think the cookies are a-okay! Thank you!
Joy, the junior AC is way too much fun. One kid yelled at another, and all the kids joined in saying, "You have to be NICE!", as if they, themselves, would NEVER. They are so happy just to be together, and their joy is contagious.
Linda, I do not think so, but believe me, it did cross my mind for a teeny tiny fleeting moment.

Suz said...

You DO live in a snowglobe.
Whoever said stay at home Mom's don't work? YOU are always up to something good!!

Joybells said...

Ha ha, yes, that age group!! And I chuckled seeing your cookies on today's post. That was a "very small batch"? LOL!