summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, February 21, 2021

apple pie...and real life...

 






Note to self:  a five pound bag of apples isn't quite enough for two apple pies.  Those are chunks of butter on top, before the top crust is added.  

There's a pork roast in the crock pot, for pulled pork this afternoon.  Margaret and Adrian, with Wulf and Tennyson, and Evelyn, are coming for dinner.  We'll have pulled pork nachos, with the works, and...pie!

Kathryn called from visiting Aaron and Riley in California while I was putting the pie crust together...I'm glad they visited them, on their grand tour of the west. 

Jonny and Aaron in San Francisco...Jon said it was 67, and he was the only one around without a coat on.  


I got out into the sunshine for a little bit, but it's still chilly out there!


And on a sad note, Paul's brother passed during the night.  I am glad we were able to see him yesterday.  

5 comments:

Linda said...

I am so sorry for your loss...sending you much love and plenty of hugs. Somehow, I had missed that tidbit, and for that, I am very apologetic.

I see another storm will move in tomorrow and then 40 on Tuesday and rain, then it drops again...it was sunshiny here today, but cold.

Susan said...

Wishing Gods peace to your family. Even when it is expected the loss of a loved one is never easy.
♥️♥️♥️♥️Susan

Anonymous said...

Absent from the body, present with the Lord!❤️May He comfort and shield your family with His love.
Valerie

16 blessings'mom said...

Linda, thank you, no need for apologies!
We did get some sunshine here yesterday, oh how I crave it. It was still cold though. I went out for a bit, and brr.
Susan, thank you.
Valerie, thank you too!

Joybells said...

I'm so sorry. May you all be comforted, especially your sister-in-law and your niece.

Joy