summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, February 8, 2021

sunshine, the stupid-bowl, and other important things....

 It's a beautiful day today, if you like twenty degrees with sun shining on the snow.  Jonathan needed a hair cut, so off we went.  The place he goes is in the same parking lot as one of my favorite thrift stores.  His appointment was supposed to take 45 minutes, so ahhh, walking up and down the aisles, and actually LOOKING at things!  Usually, it's me apologizing and dawdling at the same time, as if telling them I'm hurrying will actually make me not stop to look at that nice chair over there.  

Today, I found two pairs of LulaRoe leggings, for $4.99 each.  That's rather pricey in a way, but new they are $25, and I like them, and I know they will fit.  I also got a little toy garbage truck, and a nice shirt for $2.50.  

We also went into Aldi, because I love Aldi.  Cilantro, fresh salsa, little baby oranges, apples, provolone cheese slices, a gallon of milk, some frozen mini egg rolls for the air fryer, lemon juice, lime juice, a box of Valentines for Activity Club tomorrow, along with some fruit snacks and drink pouches.  (if you have a local Aldi, I suggest you try their fresh salsa.  It is SO GOOD.)(Also their lime tortilla chips...)

A stop at the bank, a fill up of gas, and Jon ran into the Dollar General because we forgot to get dog chow. We like to get them healthier food, lower carb, but they don't like the Rachael Ray stuff.   

Home, ah home.  Sonja is in class, the girls done with their school now, and it's a lovely day....I think they want to do something fun...hmm.

Jonathan is leaving on Wednesday morning to go visit Kathryn in Oregon.  His flight leaves at 6:30 a.m., so I have to get up at 4:30 to bring him to the airport, blah.  It's not easy for me to let him go off on his own like this, but he's fine with it, and at least now he looks all neat and respectable.  I always say that you get treated how you look, in general.  If you're scruffy and slobby, well...don't be surprised.  

When will I learn?  I posted something on Facebook.  One should just never do that.  Numbers don't lie.  Covid-19 deaths, cases, ect, comparing from closed down NY and California, to opened up Florida, is quite interesting.  Of course I posted something like that and was pounced on, so I deleted the post.   I'm done.  If you write anything that's not liberal mainstream, you're wrong, you hate your gramma.  If you don't drink the cool-aid, you are toast.  

I don't care for arguing, I just hate that there is just one opinion.  It's a plain fact that scared people want someone to take charge and tell them what to do, and when you have the whole world scared, they're practically begging for more rules, laws, mandates, in the name of safety.  

The Stupid Bowl was in fact stupid.  I am not much of a football fan, although sometimes there are interesting plays, and I find myself actually tuning in instead of staring at the screen in a daze, thinking about our weekly meal plan or whether we should book another camping trip for the summer.  The halftime show made me feel old and uninformed, who were these people and what were they wearing on their heads?  At least it wasn't x-rated, but still, that's considered talent these days?  

We did have fun, nonetheless.   Margaret was here with the baby and Wulf, and Evelyn came over, and Emily.  Em hasn't been here since the distanced visit on Christmas, so it was super nice to have her.  I made a big batch of stove popped, coconut oil popcorn with butter and salt.  Our dinner was chuck roast, potatoes, and carrots with gravy in the crock pot.  I LOVE making the dinner in the morning, then smelling it all afternoon, then just scooping it from the crockpot, easy as pie.  It wasn't actually Super Bowl food, but it was pretty darned good.



Wulf LOVES the book Owl at Home.  Charlotte Claire was reading to him, with Cam listening in.  


Tennyson, aka Russell from the movie UP., courtesy of Evelyn.

The kids are done with school, and are making a late lunch of egg rolls and ramen noodles.  ugh.  

Jonathan watched the game yesterday with a few of his friends.  He brought the air fryer with him, and made loaded fries (cheese sauce, jalapeΓ±os, bacon).   He said they all appreciated that the halftime show wasn't as disgusting as it usually is, they didn't have to turn it off during it.  (They're good boys:))

Sometimes I actually proofread my posts, not often, mind you, and realize how narrow-minded and judge-y I am.  But I have to be me, and can't just please everyone.  The beauty is that if you don't agree, that's okay, I'll still love you.  No "my way or the highway" here.  

Sunny is a maniac.  She goes absolutely bonkers for shadows and light reflecting on things.  Mr. Jonathan capitalizes on this, and shines his phone on all the walls and ceilings.  Sunny runs and jumps and barks and pants, just can't catch those bad reflections.   It's not as if she's a small graceful dog, either.  It's crashing and smashing!




Sunny...she is just so cute. Just a little teeny puppy.   Jon cleans up well, too, right?

Ah well.  Life is good.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My littles love Owl at Home, too! They fall out laughing at Tearwater Tea. The two year old asks for 'downstairs downstairs'. Love it.
Oh, the half time show! My husband said the guys must have been wearing jock straps on their heads lol
Valerie

Marilyn said...

Hi Della! It looked like their underwear on their heads Brahahahahahahaha πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I saw a funny cartoon of Maxine and she said ‘to me a Super Bowl is a toilet that cleans itself πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† We had it n while we were reading till the halftime show. Oh my........we must be getting old. My grandsons thought it was terrific so there you go........πŸ™„ Your crockpot supper sounds great. I use mine quite a bit in the winter. Sunny is funny, isn’t she? What would we do without our dogs though?

Marilyn from Canada πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦

Jeanette said...

I happen to agree with your opinions. I never put political stuff or even my opinions on FB anymore. I have a few times and had to delete them for the nasty comments. I notice that most of the nasty comments come from liberals. I hope your son has a good time. You got some great deals at the thrift store!!

16 blessings'mom said...


Valerie, Tear-water Tea is a classic! My late mother, who got everything bass-ackwards, used to say, when something was sad, "That's owl-water soup!" We do define sad moments as Tear Water Tea. It is an excellent book.
Marilyn, I do think we are getting old. And what would we do without our dogs, I cannot even imagine.
Jeanette, the nasty comments ARE from liberals. I can write that the sky is blue, and they'll say I must be racist, or that I need to follow the science. It's not worth it. If people want to believe that Big Brother knows what's best for them, so be it.

WicketsMom said...

Our old yellow Lab Jake was the same with anything shiny. He would bark and bite at the camera flash, aluminum foil, and would chase lightning flashes in the rain in the backyard. We had to lock him in the bathroom with the fan on during storms he would get so upset. We have two black Labs now, and they sleep through any storms.