summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, February 14, 2021

"gal"-entines day? sure!

 

Well, today is Valentine's Day, but I learned something new:  yesterday was indeed Galentine's Day.  The girls had a party here, and well, I wasn't exactly invited, but I wasn't not invited.  I offered to host the party, and they agreed, so...:)

We had mini hot dogs in crescent rolls, chocolate dipped strawberries, cookies, raspberry brownies, hot out of the oven from Mariel (and Miss Camille), Buffalo chicken wing dip with tortillas from Emily, and some stove popped popcorn.  Chocolate:  Kisses, Twix, M&M's, the works.  

The girls picked names and each made a Valentine for whoever they picked.  We had glitter and glue and stickers, all the fun crafty stuff out.  They read the cards to each other, they have some talent!  We also went around the room and said what we learned during quarantine, and the responses were quite enlightening, mostly they learned to be thankful, to appreciate things, to appreciate being together, and to make good use of their time.  

We sang a few songs, and it all went by too fast.

Here are some random pics, I am no photographer!


The card making!





Charlotte Claire, don't you love the shirt?



Anyway, we had enough chocolate dipped strawberries.  I sent some home with some of the girls.  I only had one, and it was mmmm.  Those big blocks of white dipping chocolate bark, melted with three Aldi milk chocolate bars and half a bag of mini chocolate chips.  

In the morning yesterday, I made a double batch of muffins.  Half chocolate chips with those mini chips, and the other half blueberry.  With a sprinkling of sugar/brown sugar on top before baking, they looked pretty yummy when they came out of the oven.  The girls said they were pretty good.

A little later in the day, while Paul was ice fishing, we took a little trip to the big mall.  Sonja K., Charlotte Claire, Camille, and I, we got our steps in for the day!  We didn't buy much, but I let the two younger girls get bubble tea, and Sonja and I got coffees..and a bag for home:


My blog friend Linda drinks this every day!  It's one of the good things about NY, and sometimes you have to look a bit harder to find those things.  Our gov. is King Corruption, it's all coming to light.  When things started going better here after the "first wave", he had the audacity to say something like, "It was our hard work, it was not God."   Well you know, I looked for the bolt of lightening.  When someone is that proud, eeks.    

But anyway, we don't need to dwell on that.  I'm going to put some bone-in chicken breasts in the oven, bake some potatoes, and roast some Brussel sprouts with sweet potatoes and apple chunks.  We are going to church in the early afternoon, then some of the older kids will come over for dinner.  

So have a really really good day, and count those blessings!

4 comments:

Terri D said...

Hello and thanks for your visit to my blog today! I see we have Linda in common and think along the same lines! You have a beautiful family!! When I was 10 years old, I have friends who were part of 10 kids and I loved visiting their noisy and so fun home!! I always was amazed when their mom would take a 9 x 13 cake out of the oven and it was gone in 30 seconds! A memory I will cherish forever and just wish I could find some of those kids today. I've tried on FB but have not been successful yet. Besides, I only knew the youngest child as "Bug" so kinda makes searching for them a little more difficult! God has blessed you!! Thanks again for the visit!

Marilyn said...

Good morning 😊 Everything for the party looks great! I have to say girls night is always the best!! Anything with girlfriends is usually loads of fun for some reason. We have to hang on to our female friends for sure. Well the sun is shining and it looks so lovely outside, then I looked at the temperature........MINUS 24C 😬😬😬😬 I’m sick to death of this cold weather!! But by Saturday it’s supposed to be zero.........we have a saying here ‘if you don’t like the weather wait 5 minutes and it could change’ and that’s true. This is longer than 5 minutes, but it can go from -24 to zero overnight! My dogs were just cleaning each other’s faces and ears 🥰🐾🥰🐾 That is so cute to watch. I’m sure yours do too. My daughter just got an 8 week old lab puppy........aaaaaawwwwwwww.........he is so adorable!! And smart! He rings the bell to go outside, runs over to the spot to go potty! He seemed to learn that in 2 days. He is gorgeous. Well I have to heave myself out of this chair and go walk on the treadmill.......how exciting.........

Have a great day!!

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Susan said...

Hi Della, I think it speaks volumes that your children always want you along on day trips, vacations and parties. That is such a blessing and very well deserved.♥️♥️♥️Susan

16 blessings'mom said...

Susan, at the Galentine's party, I was like the kid who is staying up past bed time, and has the sense to be really quiet and sort of hide, so on one notices and sends him to bed. Then I yelled out a suggestion, and was like oops, then I realized they really didn't mind if I was there....thank you for saying that though. I am a lucky girl.
Marilyn, a LAB PUPPY! Oh dear. they are irresistible! He sounds like a smarty, too! Cute AND smart! Good for you, getting on the treadmill! I can't believe how cold your weather is!
Terri, I love hearing about the big family when you were a kid! I can relate to the cake, oh dear, when the kids all lived at home, dessert was GONE in one night, for sure! Yes, Linda is a dear, I really appreciate her! I love reading my blogs, I count you all as my friends.