summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, February 6, 2021

cookies and updates...

 First, the cookies:




A triple batch of chocolate chip cookies...and no, I didn't have one, not even a taste of dough.

We had visitors in the afternoon:


Margaret and her little Tennyson, isn't he a cutie?  Marg works full time from home, so she has her hands very full.  Adrian is a full time college student, balancing classes and helping with the kids.  

Wulf sat in my chair, put my  glasses on...but no way am I as cute as he is.
He watched Bugs Bunny with grandpa:


Update:  the teenager ever so humbly apologized.  Unprompted.  Awww...it melts my heart.  I told her that I had agonized all day, but that I love her, and sometimes mom has to be mom, right?  

In other news, today was a bright and sunny day.  Paul and Jonathan went ice fishing, so we girls lounged around a bit, had coffee, rearranged the living room furniture, then went out and about.  First stop, the dollar store, which I love and they tolerate.  We got some things for the Valentine's Day party they're having next weekend.  Next stop, thrift store!  American Eagle jeans, a white blouse with the tags still on it, an American Girls craft kit, still brand new in the package, and a few other things, for less than 30 dollars.  The girls decided they wanted to make sub sandwiches for lunch/dinner, so we went to the store for fresh rolls and some meat.  

Home, ahh home.  They chopped lettuce, sliced tomatoes and onions, and had some grand sammies.  I waited until dinner time, and air fryer some chicken wings, then had cold leftover steak too, mmm.  They're all over at Emily's house, and Jon is home from his friend's house.  He has his driver's license, but he has to be home by 9 o'clock, which is fine by me.

It's quiet here, with the girls gone, but I got rid of the ticking clock, at least, could NOT stand that ticking sound...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a questions for you. When your son had the accident, did it go on his record or yours? I was always told it went on the parents but never knew anyone in that situation. My daughter is 17 and still has her permit. She has been trying to get her license since her birthday on March 16th of last year. That was the day everything closed here in California. Happy birthday. She had an appointment the next day but they cancelled it. Allowed her again in July but cancelled that one too. They finally opened on November and then they closed again before they could get to her. February 1st they opened again and Monday is her test. I sure hope she passes, I’m not sure I’m ready but I feel bad for all that she has gone through.

We are also a no fault state so maybe that has something to do with it. No matter whose fault, it does on your record.

By the way, how’s the car?
Kristi

16 blessings'mom said...

Hi Kristi, the car is not badly damaged, but also not fixed yet. Since the other boy was ticketed for failure to yield, our insurance company lets his company pay for the damages. If they dispute or won't pay for some reason, ours will, but minus the deductible. His insurance company has kept in touch with us, they had trouble getting in touch with him (his family), then were waiting for a copy of the police report, ect. I'm not sure it will matter if it goes on Jon's record or mine, since it wasn't his fault? But when my daughter Margaret was 17, just a few weeks before her 18th birthday, she was in an accident, totaled the car. She was driving with four of her sisters in a little Nissan, she turned at a green light, did NOT see a black car speeding toward the light from the other direction. It was bad. Suze had to go in the ambulance, she was dazed and didn't know what was going on, had skin abrasions on her face from the airbag (they looked worse than they ended up being, she was covered in blood when she got out of the car, and didn't know what was going on, it was terrifying...)Anyway, all were okay, but we lost the car. Margaret was ticketed for failure to yield in an accident that caused bodily harm, lost driving privileges for 6 months, and had to pay a fine. (I felt sorry for her, she was traumatized enough, talk about adding insult to injury!). Suzanne's face healed, and they eventually healed, it was scary. She was on our car insurance, and I don't think the rate increased...

Linda said...

I am so glad you and the teen made up, smiles. It was one of those kind of days here-yesterday before I left for work, as well. I'll be right over to take those cookies off your hands (bahwwwaaaaaaaa). Have a great day, friend.

Susan said...

I will never understand how a person can make those wonderful cookies and not eat even one! Your willpower completely amazes me Della!
♥️Susan

Anonymous said...

Aww, so great there was unprompted reconciliation! What a God thing.
Hugs,
Valerie

Marilyn said...

Della it looks like a bake sale at your house ๐Ÿ˜‹ That little Wulf looks so cute there with Grampa and Tennyson is gorgeous ๐Ÿฅฐ BTWit was -32C here this morning!! Yes you read that right! Needless to say I stayed in. Have a nice evening ๐Ÿ˜Š

Marilyn from Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ

16 blessings'mom said...

Linda, I'd give you all the cookies you want. I'm a triple batch maker, out of habit, the math is done, the recipe I know by heart. Momming isn't easy sometimes, is it?
Susan, I just can't, because I lack the "off" button. One bite, and my excuses would take over. I love cookies with all of my heart.
Valerie, yes, definitely a God thing!
Marilyn, BRRRRRR!