summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, February 11, 2021

all's well...

 1.  The doctor's appointment went well, for all except my pride.  Oh being poked and prodded while in my best granny panties and heavy duty underwire bra, that poor dr probably thought for a minute there, that he was kneading bread dough.  He is a professional, of course, so he didn't utter what he was probably thinking.  The important thing was that there are no concerns of any skin cancer.

2.  Jonathan made it to Portland, about 18 hours after arriving at the first airport.  He landed in Chicago at 1:58, with his connecting flight boarding at 1:50, and Chicago is a very big airport.  An airline employee helped him, accompanied him, to his gate, made sure he got there in time.  He then had to go to San Francisco, had plenty of time there to make his flight to Portland.  Kathryn said he was quite tired by the time he got to their place.

3.  I went to Walmart yesterday, all by my lonesome, but don't feel sorry for me, it was so relaxing.  I wandered, meandered, pondered, and dilly-dallied.  I looked at clearance racks, and bought some things for the grandkids.  I bought candy for our Valentine's party, and not too much else.  

4.  Sonja K. works at the college, and knew I was going to be in the city, so she suggested I bring her a coffee.  It was a really good idea.


Say what you will about them, but they make a darned good coffee, and they'll put heavy cream in it, too.

5.  Molly and Lydia, and little Ophelia are coming over today for a visit, yay!

6.  I wandered into the kitchen today to make cinnamon rolls...the ones from scratch.  Then I decided not to, why torture myself?  I considered making bread, but same thing.  We have those crescent rolls in the fridge, in the little cardboard tube, those are much easier to not partake of.  I did put some frozen chicken in the crockpot, chicken soup sounds good for dinner.

7.  We are heading into a cold snap this weekend...

That's a high of -7c on Saturday.  It's much colder in Canada, and in the midwest, but still, brrrr!
Snow, snow, snow, we've had snow on the ground for days and weeks!  It's pretty.  I'm not complaining.  It's just that around this time of year, you get those little inklings of spring fever starting in...

Here's something that is NOT included in the "all's well" category.  One of my Facebook/blogger friends...Holly L....her family is devastated and heartbroken today, their little girl died in her sleep.  Rachel was special needs, their "forever baby girl", a beautiful child.  I do not know them in real life, but have known Holly for years and years in blog-land, and on Facebook.  Their family could use prayers in these days, so if you are a praying person...

I think it's a blessing to live in these days, when we can connect online.  We can encourage each other, and uplift each other.  The internet can obviously be used for horrible things, but it can also be used for the good.  

Now off I go to mop the floor quick...


7 comments:

Carol said...

I will certainly pray for your friend and the loss of her child. I had an acquaintance that lost her 7 year old daughter in her sleep while sick with the flu. It is such a horrible event for the parents to live through.
It is certainly cold here! I will be anxious to see spring arrive!

Melanie said...

I am so sorry to hear of your friend who lost their child. I can't imagine the pain of losing a child. I will be praying for the family. We've had more snow here in east Tennessee this winter than the other 3 winters I've lived through. It mostly rains which I think feels far colder. I really am ready for spring! I second it on the canned rolls. I especially like the Grands cinnamon rolls. Out of the can and onto a sheet and then in the oven!

Marilyn said...

Good morning Della. I’m so so sorry about your friend’s loss of her little girl. Heartbreaking.

I’m glad to hear Jon arrived safe and sound after such a long trip! He could have almost flown to Australia in that amount of time! My goodness.......... Good to hear all went well at the doctor. He has seen everything so I’m sure he didn’t even notice all the things you mentioned 🤣But I know what you mean..........😬 I’m sure you did enjoy your wander, meander and dilly-dally all by yourself. I’m going crazy here....it’s been too cold to go anywhere, but we have a bit of a break today and I’M GOING OUT!! I hope you had a lovely visit with Molly and the little girls....they are gorgeous 🥰🥰

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Jeanette said...

I love walking around shopping by myself! You can take your time and look anywhere you want to! I'm sure it was a luxury for busy you! I'm glad your son arrived safe at his destination. Such a long trip!

Joybells said...

I'm praying for your friend Holly and her family. May God be near to them. 💔

It is a blessing to connect online! I never dreamed what a lifeline and uplift it would be!

Joy from Salem

16 blessings'mom said...

Carol, thank you! And it is SO cold!
Melanie, thank you too. Canned cinnamon rolls: one of the best inventions ever. I might go put some in the oven, just for the smell, maybe the teenagers will wake up...
Marilyn, yet so heartbreaking. Jonathan did well on his loooong trip out west. I can't believe how cold it gets where you are. We went down to 1F (-17.2C) last night, and BRRRRR.
Jeanette, I do love shopping by myself too, it's such a novelty!
Joy, thank you for your prayers too. As for online connections, I was a huge skeptic years ago, but now I see what a blessing it has been for me.

Anonymous said...

There's a family I've been following online with a daughter with a heart condition, and she was doing so well...now they head back to Boston because there is something new. It has me praying and crying right along with them, though we've never met. I can't imagine losing a child.
Valerie