summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, February 19, 2021

making and baking and cuddling up...

 Yesterday, we went out and about just to the grocery store.  The girls chose ingredients to make homemade Tokyo style ramen.  


Today, the plan was to make cream puffs, as per Camille's request.  I didn't help at all, she found the recipe, and is filling them with the cream she made, right now!

These are going to be hard to resist!  The house smells absolutely heavenly!


A random pic of Miss Kettler the cat, just because.    Cats find favorite places to sleep, and this is her newest perch, just keeping an eye on things.  

We have snow, you prob know that by now, because I talk about it incessantly.  It's deep and has a crunchy coating of ice on top.  But guess what?  We're getting MORE snow.
See that lake in the pic?  That's one of the most beautiful fresh water lakes in the world, Lake Ontario...with it's sandy beaches and from the east side, the sunsets!  It's also half in Canada, and it's a snow making machine.  When that polar air flows down over this lake, well, we get dumped on.  We live at the bottom of the "+" sign, as in "8"+".  Right in the middle of what will probably be a foot of new snow.



We're right smack in the middle of this one, in the white...

It won't really start until tonight, so we have a lovely afternoon looming, with just a small bit of snow gently dancing down...so maybe we'll fit in a trip to the library, for the girls' last day of winter break.  I'll have to be home though, it's pool day, again, with Ben and Ashley and Anya and Elise!

As I was sweeping and mopping this morning, I was thinking of how fast time flies.  When you're young, the future stretches before you, and old people are old people, they've always been old.  The days are long, and those years seem endless.  Then, all of the sudden, you're on the other side of youth, you're one of the old people.  The prospective has switched entirely, it's like it absolutely ZOOMED BY!  Now that we only have four kids left at home, it's such a foremost thought in my mind how very temporary it all is.  Sonja K.,  18 years old, college student, is bright and fizzy, she's a light in this house.  I cherish the days and moments and outings with her!   We technically have no children anymore, as Jonathan is 16, Miss Charlotte Claire 14, and Miss Camille Anaya is 13!  They're all just moving on through.  




Oh dear, they look yummers!   

And, Sonja is home from work for the day, so we decided we may as well go on our outing...the younger girls are usually at school in person, on Fridays, when Sonja gets home early.  So we don't get out all together much anymore...


5 comments:

Carol said...

Oh, it seems as though the snow will never end. We are now predicted to get a freezing mess on Sunday and Monday after the 9+ inches of snow that we have. Thankfully, today is a beautiful sunny and a bit warmer day. I am ready for spring!

I will take some of those cream puffs. They look delicious!!

Marilyn said...

Della........those cream puffs look SOOOOOOOOOOOO good 😌 You are such a trooper to be able to resist them!! Talk about willpower. I am impressed. I saw on the news about the snow expected in NY State 😳 Oh my...............I’m sorry to tell you we had +6C today!! The roads a all slushy and getting to be a mess, but I’ll take it! When I look at what has happened in Texas...........oh my goodness!! Shocking!! If you want to see a good movie PENGUIN BLOOM is a great one. It’s a true story and the real people were on hand for the filming. It’s in Sydney Australia.........my home 🥰I absolutely loved it 🥰

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Anonymous said...

We have two and my youngest is a senior. I was a basket case when my son went away to school several years ago. Yesterday, I paid the deposit for a school my daughter has decided on, 1200 miles away. I feel you. It was just yesterday when all I could do was make it through the day, wishing I had time for a shower, now...in a blink of an eye, they will be out of the home. Time sure does fly.

Enjoy the years you have left

Kristi

Linda said...

I have been having a meltdown of sorts lately...so tired of the snow and cold...needing some sand time...anyways, those cream puffs look really good. I hope you have a beautiful day, friend. smiles

Judy Weniger said...

The cream puffs look yummy and I know how good the house smells. One of my daughters made them on Friday, while it snowed out. It snowed 4 out of 5 days this week. She made strawberry mini pies beginning of week while it snowed and then the cream puffs. Of course I started WW on Monday. What was I thinking, lol
Judy