summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, February 23, 2021

never a dull moment, edition # twenty-hundred-million....

"Mom, can you please come here?  Really quickly, right now?"  Well, it's a far cry from years ago, when they would just cry when they wanted mommy.  But there was urgency in Camille's voice, and since I am so calm cool and collected, my thoughts went straight to the dresser has fallen on her.   But it wasn't a dresser, nothing fell on her, but her knee partially dislocated, again.  Paul helped her up, and she limped out to the couch, some tears fell, and I winced in sympathy pain, as my knee dislocated when I was her age...and believe me, I would rather give birth in the middle of a street with no pain meds, than go through that.

Two kitties, two pups, and Miss Camille Anaya...


So, this fine morning, we were off to the ortho doctor for an x-ray.  Yes, it did partially dislocate again, and yes, she is facing surgery in a few months, unless something miraculous happens in the meantime.  Paul has great faith in the "Knees Over Toes" program, and we're going to try it.  She has to wear the brace for four to six weeks, but also has to do the strengthening exercises.  If the knee is still wobbly and loose several months down the road, or if it pops out again (I HOPE NOT!), then surgery.  

The good news is that there is an Aldi just a hop, skip, and a jump from this doctor's office, in a small city north of here.  So we went in there for bananas, apples, little cute oranges, some burger and chicken, lemon juice, lime juice, tortilla chips, milk, heavy cream, cheese, and chocolate covered almonds.  

Home, ah home....I let Camille choose whether to be dropped off at school or to come on home.  She has to carry a fifty pound backpack around school, because for some reason, it's only allowed to use the lockers for coats, not backpacks.  The dr. office printed us a letter that stated that she was there today, because these days, when one is absent, the state pressures the school to get negative covid tests upon return.  I'm not sure how strict they are about this, but we have the note just in case.  She decided to take the day.  Her grades are excellent, she'll catch up in no time.

And, she gets to go with me down to get the BEEP BEEP BEEP fixed on the car!  I've been driving around like that with it for days and days, today is the appointment to get the sensor fixed.  They have to actually fix it this time, because I'm going to put that emergency brake on before I drive away, and if it BEEP BEEP BEEPs, they will have to fix it again.

You can probably guess that we are getting more snow today.  More and more and more.  It just swirls around the house, coating the branches, building up in the driveway, ugh.  I do not like to drive in snow, I do not like it, Sam I am.   But I dislike BEEP BEEP BEEP even more, so I am not cancelling that appointment.  It's 45 minutes each way, blah...but shh, I might take Miss Cam to Chick-Fil-A....it hasn't been in our area for very long,  it's a huge0 novelty, they love it for some reason. 

Dinner:  some sort of Chinese food, we bought to frozen veggies at Aldi that comes with the sauce packet, they like that and it's different.  We get stuck in the old food ruts.  Last evening, they had leftover pulled pork, I cooked up some burgers for Paul, then bacon and eggs...I had half a burger, two eggs, some bacon, and a bowl of shredded cabbage/carrots, with salt and pepper.  It was my only meal of the day...for dessert I had some of the low sugar, keto-ish pie I had made.  I should be skinny, I tell you.

Today is Miss Suzanne Eleanor's birthday!  Yesterday was Mariel's, but she doesn't like birthdays, so I didn't mention it ha.  

Anyway.  We're leaving again in an hour or so, I hope the snow stops soon!  I love it from my comfy chair, or to walk around in outside, but driving in it, not so much...especially when you can't see where you're going...when the lines on the road disappear...ugh.

4 comments:

Marilyn said...

Oh Della poor little Camille! How painful 😥 Hopefully she won’t need surgery, but she can’t keep having this happen either.......poor little pet. We have been having such lovely days......sorry..........it supposed to be +8C today! Crazy!! I see on the news every night about your snow. Oh dear, that. Is a lot of snow. I sure hope they fix that dratted sensor.......how annoying that must be.

I was so sorry to read that Paul’s brother passed away. Very sad for his whole family. My condolences to you all.

Have a lovely day 🥰

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Joybells said...

I hope you make it safely through the snow! Here in Oregon we all hunker down and stay home when there's more than a couple of inches. Probably because it doesn't happen too often. :) But there always seems to be ice involved. Anyway, I hope that car gets fixed! And that Camille's knee gets better too. ❤

Joy from Salem

Jeanette said...

Aww I hope your daughters knee heals up fast and maybe she can avoid surgery!

Suz said...

My knee was hurting for her; poor thing! I hope surgery can be nixed and all will be well.
You and your BEEP BEEP BEEP! It's crazy.
Lockers are only for coats? what the heck is that about?