summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, February 20, 2021

puppies, dreams, and saying goodbye...




Don't you love how their front paws are on the lower step?  They do that on the couch, too, put their front feet down, their arms, and leave their legs, on the couch...they "stand" there, deciding whether they want to actually get up or not.

Last night, I had dreams about Paul's dad, his dad who passed away several years ago.  When I woke up, Paul told me that his oldest brother had a stroke last night, and was in the hospital...not doing well.  I told Paul that I just had a dream about his dad, and he said that he, also, had dreams of his dad last night.  We were able to go to the hospital and see his brother, hug his brother's wife, and his daughter, and say our goodbyes.   I feel super bad for my mother in law, down in Florida.  There's no way she's up for a trip to the snowy north, not at 91.   I wonder if while we were dreaming of his dad, his dad was up there  looking forward to greeting his oldest boy...

So we've had a sad morning, I feel bad for Paul.  His brother has been in poor health for years now, but that doesn't make it easy to say goodbye.

The girls are doing things today, Jon is still out west, Paul just left for the dump...when he gets back, it'll just be him and I, for a while anyway.  Margaret is coming over later with the little boys...:)

I'll leave you with some more snow pics...




The swing is resting on a few feet of snow...it's deep!



9 comments:

Billie Jo said...

I am sorry to hear of your loss, my friend. Isn't God something? Reaching across eternity to let you know he is being welcomed home? How strange is it when it is just you two? Steve and I are beginning to experience that when Flynn is out, usually with Madison. What happened?? When did our crazy days of children everywhere disappear? Sad. But happy. But sad. Have a cozy weekend!

16 blessings'mom said...

Thank you, Billie Jo. Paul's brother hasn't passed away yet, but he's not too far from heaven's gate. What a day.
And yes, where did our crazy days go?! When the grandkids start coming, you'll wonder how you ever managed...

Marilyn said...

Della I am so sorry to hear about your brother in law. It is to be hoped he’s resting comfortably. It’s very sad for your mother in law too. She must be heartbroken ๐Ÿ’” We never expect to outlive our children. Big hugs ๐Ÿค—

The dogs are funny aren’t they? What would we do without them............

Marilyn from Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ

Anonymous said...

https://peaceloveandlowcarb.com/keto-baked-feta-pasta-with-tomatoes/

You must try this recipe!!!

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about Paul's brother. God be near you all.
❤️ Valerie

Jeanette said...

I'm so sorry about your brother in law. I firmly believe our loved ones that pass visit us in our dreams sometimes. It is comforting to know that your father in law will be there to greet his son when the time comes. The dogs are adorable! I had a dog that did the same thing on the couch that yours do! Like they can't make up their minds!

Anonymous said...

I am sorry your brother in law passed. Praying is rejoicing with his Lord and Savior.


Erika

Michelle said...

I’m sorry about Paul’s brother, so sad.

Suz said...

I'm so very sorry about your brother-in-law; so very sad. It's crazy about both of you dreaming.....the family is certainly 'up to something'. I'm glad that you were able to see him for a bit in the hospital.

The Dogs crack me up...and yes, those are ARMS and LEGS. :)

Big hugs.