summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, February 25, 2021

well THAT was fun!

 Today was a beautiful day, and it has gone by too fast, so far.  I'm enjoying that the girls aren't back in school full time yet, even though they are busy doing work at home because it's nice to have them here.  I brought Jonathan in to the pediatrician's office to get a Covid test, stopped at the bank, then we went to the store...then got  a coffee, mmm.  

Home, ahhh home.  Dinner had to go into the oven, a nice roast of beef I got for $2.49 a pound...olive oil, then minced garlic, rosemary, thyme, salt, pepper, a bit of minced onions, and into the oven at 450 for fifteen minutes, then down to 325 to roast for a while.  I peeled red skinned potatoes, leaving lots of the clean parts of the skin on, for mashies.  Carrots roasting, with Brussel sprouts, it's smelling really heavenly in here right now.

After dinner went into the oven, Sonja, Jon, Camille and I took the pups for a walk.






(jeez, how many chins do I have?  Cam, though, is such a doll, she's so pretty...such a sweetie, too.  Miss Char didn't come with us because she was busy doing work (ha, watching anime!))

Paul's sister sent me these pics today...



Paul, when he was a teeeeeeny bit younger.  The original McDreamy, right?  A heartbreaker.  And his old doggie, Hoss...

So it was a really good day.  Jonathan called the dealership, but the lady I dealt with wasn't there, and is going to call him back.  He just wants to clarify what went on, not harass anyone.  Jon is a good kid, he told me about being on the plane next to a lady who was around my age, on the way out to Oregon.  Their flight got delayed again and again, and he took it in stride, which prompted her to ask him if he was a Christian, because he was so happy, she said.  They had a good time talking, she and her husband have a ministry of helping inner city kids.  I love that he made friends on his trip, a middle aged lady!

Ah well, it's good to have him back home again.  No one has to go anywhere tonight, so we can have a proper family dinner...)


3 comments:

Susan said...

Oh my, I can see why Paul swept you off your feet!! Gorgeous hair!!
♥️Susan

Unknown said...

Hi Della............yes Paul was a cutie 🥰 All those curls! I certainly hope someone can get to the bottom of your vehicle problems. Lovely photos and yes your little Camille is a pretty little girl for sure. All your girls are though 🥰 Good news! We get our Covid shot on Wednesday. All the over 75’s got to book on Wednesday and my hubby was able to get onto the website and get us in. He got our second shots booked too. All my friends have booked also, so it’s looking up! Yesterday was the first day and there was a bit of confusion at one of the sites on the other side of the city so hopefully they get that sorted out for today. Have a good day!

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

16 blessings'mom said...

Susan, it was the hair that got me, then the eyes. He was absolutely the most respectful, the most interesting guy I had ever met. He liked to hunt and fish and go on walks, hikes, country drives. He was hardworking, and truthful, I fell HEAD OVER HEELS. And it's still going strong, ha.
Marilyn, glad you're able to get that vaccination! It's looking hopeful!!!