summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, February 18, 2021

just a wee bit quiet...

Today is quiet.  The girls are on vacay, and are still sleeping.  We are supposed to go out and about before the next round of lake effect snow rolls in, but do I wake them?  Or rather, do I want to get out of my comfy chair yet, and dress in bye-bye clothes and go out into the cold?  Maybe in a little while...

Yesterday, Margaret came over and worked from here.  She has a full time job, online, and two small children.  So she came here, and since the girls weren't here (Sonja had classes and work and was gone all day, and little girls were at their friend's house, Jon is still out west), it was a bit busy for me, but in a very splendid sort of way.  Wulf was happy to be here, he knows all the toys we have in the storage room, and at random intervals, he suggests we get something else out.  The purple car, the balance bike, the big dump truck, he wants it all.  I don't mind having a living room full of toys.  


So I had the freezer open to get something out for dinner, and Wulf grabbed the lunch box/cooler ice thing, which is hanging on his handlebars.  He has a washcloth on his lap in this pic, because he had just finished a freeze pop, a good treat for a cold winter's day.  He also has his backpack on, because he always has his backpack on.  He is a character.  The best part of the day was when we read stories.  We looked at some board books with real pics, and talked about things.  He's very curious, and wants to know everything about everything.  I also got to cuddle Mr. Baby, aka Tennyson.  

I do want to mention that a dear blogger friend, a new friend, Terri D., lost her beloved husband Joe.  He was supposed to come home from the hospital, it was to be just overnight, then a few days, then he suddenly took a turn and...it's so very sad.   I'm not sure even what to say, I was shocked.  The saddest part these days is not being able to be there with loved ones while they're sick, it's just unimaginable.  


4 comments:

Suz said...

Oh my goodness. I'm so sorry about your blog friends' loss; this is so sad. And yes, what DO you say? Heartbreaking.

Such a little cutie you have there, but then again, they are ALL cute. Hug those babies.

Marilyn said...

Hi Della. That is very sad about your friends husband. It is hard to know what to say, but I know from when my first husband passed away it was worse if people said nothing because they didn’t know what to say. That was one lesson I learned from that. I was like that too........didn’t know what to say, so said nothing. Some kind words mean so much. Poor lady.............😒

That little Wulf is too darn cute isn’t he? oh my goodness what a little love bunnyπŸ₯°πŸ₯° You just want them to stay like that longer. Della we are warming up! It is -3C.....the sun is shining and it’s BEAUTIFUL!!! By next Tuesday it’s supposed to be up to +6C!!! YAY!! But there’s a downside.........all this snow will become a sloppy mess and freeze at night 😬😬 No pleasing some people eh? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.

Marilyn from Canada πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦

16 blessings'mom said...

Suz, as Marilyn commented, it's better to say something, but I'm always afraid I'll put my foot in my mouth, and I do feel so bad for Terri. When you don't know people in real life, you still feel such care for them, but you also don't want to seem like a creep, right?
Marilyn, I didn't know you went through that, so sorry!
And Wulf is darling. He's got such a mind of his own, he can negotiate for M&M's like nobody's business!

Marilyn said...

Hi again..........I was widowed at 51.........26 years ago. Believe me nothing you can say will make the person feel worse than they already do. I met a wonderful man who is now my husband of 12 years. Things happen when you least expect them to. Please know your friend will appreciate any kind words you say from your heart πŸ₯°

Marilyn from Canada πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦