summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

afternoon lull....

I sat down with a huge load of socks to match.....oh, it feels nice to get socks matched. I feel rich when we have a laundry basket full. I accomplished a lot today, it feels like someone prayed for me or something. I cleaned up the shoes and packed away some sandals. Yeah, I know, I should have packed them away like in November, but still. I threw away shoes that are too small for Camille, and I seriously could have cried. I threw away the baby walking shoes that Camille wore. Wah. I put down a new rug over by the door, cleaned the tile, straightened and paired up shoes and boots, cleaned under the roll-top (hide-the-mess-top) desk, swept and vacuumed and did lots of laundry. And I had a nice lunch with the girls and Jonathan, soft pretzels, yogurt, and ham. And one piece of rye bread for me. Camille is taking a nap, and now Jonathan is going outside with Charlotte Claire. Sonja K. is looking at the AmericanGirls catalog, which we have never ordered from, but have enjoyed looking at through the years. My older girls liked those books so much. The dolls are lovely, but so expensive.

Suzanne has taken a shower and is waiting for me to cut her hair. And the burger simmering on the stove is calling me to stir it, we are having our old stand-by for dinner. Spaghetti, which we haven't had in a while. It sounds good on a cold night. We are in for more snow, apparently. A storm is moving up the coast, which always stimulates the lake effect to kick in. I am of course hoping hoping hoping for a snow day!

Well, my nice little break is over. Just a hint: if you have an Aldi nearby, go there. Buy the chocolate bars, the milk, dark, or almond. They are around $1.50, for 5 ounces or so. So worth it. Choceur, it is called, made in Austria. A few squares in the afternoon, oh so good. Not that I would know. It is just a guess.....

No comments: