summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, February 4, 2010

sunny and 14 degrees....

And I am a bad mommy this morning, by some standards. I did not want to get out of my bed at all but I told myself to do the right thing. Rosie has to go out in the morning anyway, so I got up. Then I looked into the little kids' room, and made my decision: they get to skip. They were all sleeping so soundly.....and the school people have to understand that they are MY kids, I get sick and tired of sharing them all the time....

I also thought that it is going to be a perfect day for playing outside today. (I was so cold when I took Rosie out, even with my huge boots (either Ben's, Joe's or Sam's) and nice warms gloves. But if the sun stays out, and it gets into the twenties with no wind, it will be nice for them. I am certain they will learn just as much if not more today home with me. They will get more hugs anyway.

I am having coffee and three chocolate chip cookies for breakfast. I decided to do this because the first trip kids, whom I did not see this morning, took full advantage of my not showing my lovely face, and had cookies for breakfast. So they are going fast. This time I made them with one bag of mini semi-sweet chocolate chips, and one bag of milk chocolate chips. I do not think I will ever be thin.

I do have to go out this afternoon for a dr. appointment for one of the girls and Mirielle said she would watch the little girls because her classes end early on Thursdays...wait 'til she finds out she has four extra to watch, too. Suzanne says this is the last time she is skipping this week and next week, because her teacher says she misses too much school. Straight A's, but she misses too much school. I know, I know, I am probably a teacher's nightmare. Not WORST nightmare, but a nightmare nonetheless. (Is "nonetheless" actually a word? How did that happen?)

Oh great, Camille just came out....dressed in some one piece jammies that were in a drawer...they are all twisted, the top is on properly but the legs are twisted around...she looks hilarious. And she was into the drawers again. rrr.

Well, I am hoping to have a wonderful day today. It just plain feels nice to have these guys home. Next week they have a full week, then a week off - February break! Yay! I am thinking and planning....hmm, should we go to the science museum? One time a few years ago, I took them there on break, and it was so crowded I had to cruise several times around the parking lot with the big huge van to find a parking spot. I found one, but couldn't quite get in, so I had to take a spin around and get a better angle....I let Mali out to save it for me, and in the mean time, a mean lady came along in her mini van and would not stop coming at Mali....so Mali moved, and the mean lady took the spot. When I pulled up to pick up Mali, I told the mean lady THANK YOU very much. I wanted to say more than that, but as it was, I had to calm down all they 14 hyper kids who were yelling out awful things about that woman....then I found another spot, and a different mini van-lady actually moved her little van over a bit for me to fit my huge van in...and my faith in mini van-ladies was restored....

Anyway, there are a few options of fun things to do, but they are all expensive. The museum of play will cost around $60, or about $100 for a yearly membership, but it is an hour + away. The zoo will be around $60, as would be the science musuem, and the nice pool with the slide and kids play area is expensive, too. I would be better off taking them to a hotel for a night, if I could squish them into one room...just to use the pool. Or we could just stay home and play outside every day and make cookies and go to Target.....I am just like a kid, I am so excited just thinking about vacation, I can't stand it.

I am not going to let these guys, who are all waking up happy and sunny because they get to stay home, have cookies for breakfast. No, I am a good mommy...ha, and I want to save the cookies for afternoon snack. With cocoa when they get in from playing outside. I will make them some breakfast and sit down with them.

Right now I have to change Miss Camille.....

3 comments:

Lisa said...

We are going on holiday next week and the two children in primary school get two authorised weeks holiday from school per year but our older daughter who has just started secondary (she is 12) doesn't get any! I put her holiday form in last week and received one back today from the school, saying they will not grant her holidays! I am taking her out anyway and will suffer the consequences when we get back!!! That is when I think well they are MY children!!!

Unknown said...

They are your children, but as a teacher, I have to say that you chose to put them into education, and therefore the rules are there to be followed.

It is the same parents who take their children on holiday in term time who winge about their lack of progress at parents evening and say the teachers aren't doing their job.

Technically speaking, it's hard to teach a child who isn't there.

wakeful dreamer said...

Have you ever considered home schooling? Most of the hs families I know get their work done in half the time of a regular school day, and they can sleep in when they want and go places when they like and... the flexibility sounds lovely! We are planning to hs ours and I'm really looking forward to it.