summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, February 12, 2010

friday! off to school they ALL go....

Evelyn Joy.... Suzanne, Jonathan, Sonja, and Camille, who is not going to school. Aaron, Mali, Samuel, Margaret, and Kathryn all made it out the door for first trip.
Camille has been into the clothes BIG TIME. She has a pile of stuff, and she just keeps changing. She will be all happy with what she has on, and two minutes later she is struggling out of it. It keeps her busy and keeps the living room looking nice and sloppy, with those little outfits lying in various places, all inside out.
Last night I dreamed about my late Aunt Shirley and Uncle Ed. Shirley was my mother's only sister, and the mommy of my eight cousins who lived in a wonderful place by a lake with a creek running through their yard. We absolutely loved to visit these cousins when we were little. Uncle Ed passed away a few years back, after my mom died, then Aunt Shirley died too. Last night I dreamed I was living in their house, and my cousins kept dropping in to visit, because the house was the last connection with their parents. That's how it was with my parents, when they died my brother Billy still lived there for a while, and visiting him was wasn't just visiting him. It was remaining connected to the house, the home that was theirs. In this dream of mine, I was crying and sobbing with my cousins because we all missed our parents....
Camille is the only one up, and one might imagine she couldn't quite cause much mischief herself, but....she keeps telling Rosie to get in her cage, then she fusses with the latches while the stupid dog just stands in there wagging her whole behind, then Camille lets her back out. I might complain about the stupid dog, but a dog who listens to a two-year old is a keeper.
Charlotte Claire is up now, all cuddly and rumpled and happy to be awake. She is asking if we can go bye-bye today. Now, I WAS planning on staying here and accomplishing some things. I remember last Friday I got a lot done, but by Sunday one could never tell how much work I had done on Friday. hmm, going bye-bye does sound nice. I wish there was a mommy close by with some young children to go out and about with me. My sis-in-law is usually busy driving people places, and my sister doesn't have little ones anymore. wah, poor me. ha.
It is more reasonable to stay home anyway. But reasonable is not fun. Maybe I will call Abigail. Right now I have to go rescue a huge bag of cereal before it spills....

2 comments:

cheryl said...

Hahaha. I really wanted to stay home, but we need, of all things, cat food.. I could ask Bill to pick some up on the way home from work, but, no, Becky and I are going bye-bye!!

wakeful dreamer said...

Aw, I would go bye-bye with you!