summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, February 1, 2010

weekend aftermath...

Wow. The kids are at school, the house looks like...well, not too very bad, but it could be better. Jonathan used his school back pack to pack for the hotel, so of course this morning he dumped out all the pennies and matchbox cars and extra batteries and spare keys, so he could use it again for less important things, like school papers. It was way too crazy in here for him to actually put those items where they go (where DO they go?), so they are still on the kitchen floor. Camille is the only little girl up, and she is cuddled up to me....and I am taking advantage of the relative quiet. She ate breakfast with the school kids, and seems ready to fall back to sleep.



Fall back to sleep. Beautiful words making up a lovely phrase.



Emily is now a night-shift nurse. She worked her first night last night. She is at her apartment now, probably, sleeping the day away. Abigail is there now too, she went last night. They brought Miss Kitten Force with them. Abigail hates cats, but Emily loves them, and Emily is the one paying the rent. I certainly hope the innocent Miss K.F. doesn't keep Emily awake all day.



Now that those two have moved out, there is a shifting of people into different rooms, and it might get easier to move Camille out of my room. The other night I went to get into bed, I pulled back the covers, and there was Camille, all her jammies off, just in her diaper, sleeping in my spot. I had to find her sleeper in the dark and dress her and put her back in her little green bed. It was at least eight below zero outside, not the kind of night to just put a child to bed in a diaper.



At the hotel, she was rather adament that she was not going to sleep there. She wanted to go home. She wanted to stay up. She wanted to turn the lights back on. It just didn't make sense to her to sleep there. I finally gave her a spank on the bottom, and told her firmly to lie down....she cried, and said to me, "Don't hit my butt!".....she is not used to a spank, she is a tender heart and just needs to be told something firmly and it breaks her heart. Not that she won't go do the same bad thing again.....anyway, she was totally indignant that I would hit her butt. When you think about it, it really doesn't make any sense.

So Rosie-the-bad-puppy has upped the badness level. When we have let her out in the late evenings to romp around, we knew she visited the neighbors...the across the street people didn't seem to mind, but apparently she has been going down to the house two over and getting into their garbage, which for some reason they don't appreciate. rrr. Why can't these people just accept that dogs like garbage? just kidding. Rosie cannot ever go out without the leash, and she has more energy than all the kids put together. I took her out on the leash this morning, and she spotted one of her dog friends, and practically pulled my arm out of socket....why, oh why, did I want such a big fluffy dog?

2 comments:

Martha said...

You would like my house today. Between the bathroom remodel and two very lively little girls it's a wonder I can find a place to sit down!

Your daughters are blessed to have each other as roommates and I think you must be blessed to know they are together.

One day Rosie will grow up and you will miss her puppy days... maybe.

Virginia Revoir said...

I remember being in a hotel with my two year old. She kept getting out of the bed and turning the lights on, talking. We were so exhuasted from a day at Disneyland. Finally we got her carseat out of the van and strapped her in it. She happily fell asleep. She loved that feeling of security being that she was in a new place.