summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, February 25, 2010

outside fun

This puppy dog is wild outside. She needs to be supervised around the kids still, because she loves to play and jump and grab mittens. I played out front with her and tired her out a bit before going out back to play with Sam, Kathryn, Evelyn, Suzane, Sonja, Jonathan, Charlotte Claire, and Camille. The snow is so wet and heavy, they made snowforts and we threw some snowballs at each other. It is really pleasant out there, despite the fact that the snow is to my knees....just walking around in one of the boys' huge boots is a work out for me. Camille and Charlotte Claire...





Camille....she wears these boots around the house instead of slippers sometimes....


I never let the other kids wear any shoes that had been worn outside, around the house. But with the messy paws Rosie wears in here, it seems kind of fruitless to not let her.
Mirielle so nicely took over baking the cookies for me so I could go outside. I made a triple batch of peanut butter mini-chocolate chip. Now my life is not without trials, but the sometimes the simple joys are overwhelmingly joyful. When I walked in the door, all cold and damp and snowy, the smell and warmth of the cookies enveloped me.....and I had one. Then another one....Camille has caught on to "milk and cookies", and she takes it so seriously. Kathryn is cutting oranges for them. Jonathan and Charlotte Claire are all set up at the Little Tikes table in the livingroom, waiting for "Calliou" to come on. I wish this day would go slower......




2 comments:

Martha said...

I think "Snowball" there... uh, I mean Rosie... should have her own pair of boots.

The cookies sound delish!

Virginia Revoir said...

What cute, cute pictures!!! I loved the picture of the dog with snow on its legs!!! We don't have any snow where I love ever.