summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, February 15, 2010

morning at our house....

I still have to call the dr. and reschedule an appointment for Camille. I am going to feel stupid. I mean, I called last week and made one then cancelled when she seemed fine. Right now she is eating Apple Jacks with Jonathan, Sonja, and Charlotte Claire. And my nephew Jake.

When I got up this morning, Rosie was still in her cage, and her leash was not on the shelf by the door. Well, as soon as she sees me she has to go pee wicked badly, so I just took her out without the leash. Bad timing, (well good for HER), because her favorite people, the across-the-street-neighbors, were just pulling into their driveway. She herded and circled and barked at their truck all the way up their driveway, while I unhooked her other leash from the chain....and made my way across the street. I looked lovely, with my long tangly hair unbrushed and clipped up, size 12 boots that belong to Ben or Joe or Paul.....these nice neighbors always bring their dog with them, so Rosie and Lucy were having a good old time racing around in circles and barking at each other. I chatted for a few minutes while they played, then got Rosie leashed and across the street to the woods before she could poop in their yard. I knew she was looking for a place, and I was going as fast as I could down that icy snowy driveway.....phew. And that is how I started my day. (of course all this time I am hoping that the little ones who are awake are being good, and thankfully they were.)

Yesterday I painted a very old rocking chair. It is a childrens' size chair that was at my parents' house. My brother said it was mine when I was little. He had had it at his house, but gave it to us because we still had little ones to use it. I got a can of red paint at the dollar store, and yesterday I sanded and painted that little chair. And since my sewing machine is STILL not working, I hand sewed a cover for the cushion. It is almost done. It was so much fun. And while I was painting, Evelyn brought out this little chest of drawers that has been passed down through the kids, and has different names on it in pen and marker, and stickers on it, and scribbling....she peeled the stickers off and scrubbed it down, and I painted it. It is made of wood and laminate, so I wasn't sure how it would come out, but we think it looked better than before. I have two kitchen chairs that I might do next. Anyone have anything they want painted red?

It is that time of year that I want to do things around the house. Sew new curtains and fix up the kids' rooms and organize things. I find it frustrates me sometimes, so I just have to do what I can and let it go.

I made 4 nice pizzas for dinner last night, then passed out chocolate bars for Valentine's treats. Charlotte Claire scarfed down two peanut butter cups, then asked for a "Bobcat"....I realized she meant, "KitKat"......(she didn't get one)(but it was cute).

Last night the living room was all picked up, we had put away all the LittlePeople stuff, so they got out all the foam mats. That made for lots of hopping and chasing games and gymnastics. My kids see a clean living room floor as an opportunity. An opportunity to get something else out.

Well, I need to call the dr...wait, she seems fine again....I wish I was a doctor. We have a close friend who is a pediatric surgeon, but she moved out of state. It was nice when she was around, because she could check ears for us.....

I am procrastinating. It is what I do best.

4 comments:

Mrs Marcos said...

I have seen some of those things the doctors use to look in the ears at CVS and at Target. Might be worthwhile to know what you're dealing with? Just a thought! Hope she is feeling better soon!

I found this one on CVS.com for $17.27 and eligible for free shipping.

http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/catalog/shop_product_detail.jsp?filterBy=&skuId=688188&productId=688188&navAction=push&navCount=2&no_new_crumb=true

Sherah said...

LOL I could relate to (okay, most everything else too, lol) what you wrote about a clean living room floor being exciting for the kids. I've often thought or mused over the fact that, when our home is clean and tidy/cozy - the kids are in such good moods. It makes them grumpy when it's a mess BUT maybe that's just cuz I am grumpy when it's a mess, lol. Hmmmm revelation time!

But also, they love it when it's clean and newly vacuumed (we have carpets INCLUDING under the dining room table, grrrrr) and dance all over, especially when we turn on some fun music. Sometimes it drives me nuts with all the NOISE but like I tell Bret, it's happy noise so I can't complain! =)

Becky said...

it always seems i take the kids to the dr too early or too late. neither way is good;(

Tereza said...

sometimes creating something like making an old chair new feels soooooooooooo...well....creative! Sure beats housework:)