summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

no grand slams for us!!!

The parking lot was so crowded, there was one parking spot that was too small for our van, so....we went to McDonalds. Kathryn and Jonathan had fun on the slide.
Charlotte Claire made friends there and did not want to leave. We only stayed for an hour or so...

Camille is not a baby anymore. She went down the big slide.


Do not tell Margaret Cheryl that her picture is on here eating an apple pie. In my defense, I offered to take a better picture and she declined.

It was nice to have Miss Abigail join us today.




Kathryn Grace and Camille Anaya....Kap did not realize she matched Camille....it was a large co-incidence, but a cute one.

We also went to Walmart, where the girls found some nice clothes for three dollars, and I got Jon a winter coat for next year for $5. I also got him a set of pants and a shirt for $3, and some confectioners sugar to make icing for those heart shaped cut-out cookies I haven't been able to forget about since seeing the ones that Martha made. I also got some new heart cookie cutters, small and big and bigger, so cute. We went to Lowe's to get paint for the older girls' room, and oh how I drool in those stores. All the storage systems and shiny countertops and beautiful light fixtures. It took ten times longer in there than it actually took just to get the paint.
On the way home I stopped in the dollar store quick to get some candy for the kids to take to their school Valentine's parties. Oh yeah, I forgot, we still have to fill out the Valentines for their classes! 4 kids in elementary school, that is alot of filling out. At least we buy the cards at the dollar store these days, we used to make them all out of construction paper.....
Speaking of Valentines' Day, I wonder what I will get this year.....hmm. I actually feel sorry for husbands on this day, because they HAVE to get something or else....and I just feel sorry for them. Not that I will tell Paul to never mind or anything....
Well, it is that dreaded time of the day: dinner preparation! We had roasted chicken breast last night, so I am taking the leftovers and tossing it with pasta and broccoli and olive oil and pepper. That means I have to get up out of this chair and start, and I don't feel like it. It is relatively calm here right now. Sonja is playing Wii, Suze is watching her, Evelyn and Kathryn are playing SIMS, Joseph and Aaron are milling around, Jonathan is very busy with the 12 pack of "C" batteries I paid $9 for today, Charlotte Claire is in her room trying to take all the toys out because Abigail cleaned it up yesterday, Emily and Abigail have Mirielle, Mali, and Margaret over to their apartment for dinner before choir practice, Sam is around here someplace - happy as can be because I brought him home a McDouble AND an apple pie, Benjamin is bringing in wood -he keeps the fire going AND he cleaned up the house today while we were gone...imagine my surprise when I walked in and the tables were cleared and washed and counters were clean and the floors swept and clean....seriously, life is good....





2 comments:

cheryl said...

And she even managed to go swimming with me this evening!!! For which I am very thankful!!!!

Virginia Revoir said...

We went to Denny's that day! We knew of one where the customer levels had been low and sure enough there was no line. They were busy but still no line. We went in right and got our food in less then 10 minutes. It was glorious how much money we saved! Loved it.