summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, February 18, 2010

vacation = tired

BUT: I don't mind. I am the one who stays up 'til the wee hours with the older kids. Mirielle has no classes today or tomorrow, so she was up late too. They, however, sleep until noon, while I get up with the younger ones. So right now it is breakfast for some and lunch for others. I am taking a break. I have swept and vacuumed and cleaned the foyer and washed and dried clothes and fed kids breakfast and changed diapers and taken Rosie out and moderated a feud and....

Today I think we are staying home, since I lost my credit card yesterday when I was leaving Walmart, which doesn't surprise me. I called the bank and cancelled it, so now I have only a few bucks and a checkbook. And it is snowy and sleety out. We got some nice fresh new snow again last night, and it LOOKS pretty. 5 of the kids, and their two cousins (two different cousins are here now, Eileen and Olivia, Kim's girls) went sledding today. I just remembered that I have to go the small city today or ELSE. Or else I have to pay for the Blockbuster movie that didn't get returned with the others because a certain teenager watched it in his room and didn't put it back in the bag....and I didn't know it wasn't returned with the others, and was told by the clerk that if it wasn't returned by the 18th, I would own it. I do not want to own "Ninjas".....so I guess I am going to go out today after all. rats.

It is busy here right now. Mirielle, Joseph, Aaron, Mali, Sam, Margaret, Kathryn, Evelyn, Suzanne, Sonja, Jonathan, Charlotte Claire, Camille, Eileen, Olivia, and I are all in the kitchen or living room, and Rosie-the-crazy-pup.

I don't feel like going anywhere. Mirielle is looking up recipes on the other computer so she can bake with the girls. Today is one of those days where it is just so GOOD in our house. No pressure, no agenda, just vacationing. Charlotte Claire and Camille, whom are admittedly spoiled, have on the new pink suede boots I bought them for 75% off at Target last week. Charlotte Claire said, "Thanks for the new jumpy boots! They make me jump jump jump!" They look adorable in them. I bought them in the sizes I am guessing they will be next year.

Right now the spoiled girls (that just cracks me up, number 15 and 16, spoiled brats. Well, not REALLY brats....)are having cheddar cheese Pringles in the fort that Joseph and Aaron made them out of those big foam squares. Rosie has infiltrated the fort, and is being an angel, waiting for the crumbs to fall. I don't really allow them to eat in the living room, but.....Rosie does clean up the crumbs pretty well.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Oh how easy my life would be if we still had a Rosie. I need a crumb cleaner! Sounds like a glorious day.