summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, February 18, 2010

cookies and staying home

Camille Anaya did the cutest little dance on this table, but by the time I adjusted the camera to "video", she had hopped down and scurried down the hall... She sings lullabyes to her baby dolls.
I got out of it! No trip to the small city for me! I brushed my teeth washed my face brushed my long tangly hair - I was out in the van....Mirielle was moving the truck out of the way for me, and then Joseph pulled in in Emily's car....so Aaron took her car and went to the city for me, with Mali and Sonja. I gave them money for a few movies (the non-new releases are only .99 cents), and my coupon book and a few bucks to get something at TimHortens or DunkinDonuts. Hey, it is worth it, it saved me a trip. Now I am sitting here unexpectedly. I have turkey and gravy simmering for dinner. Abigail is here for a visit and is giving Charlotte Claire and Camille-who-will-not-stay-in-her-little-green-bed-for-a-nap, a nice bath.
I love the afternoon. Even when the kids don't nap, it is a "down" time. When dinner time rolls around, just making and serving dinner and then the clean up and story time and the kids running around time, is so busy. But the afternoons are nice. The dishwasher is running, the washer and dryer are both humming, the kids are playing hide-and-seek.....and here I sit. I love vacation. Even if there IS a huge load of clothes on the couch. And we seem to go through like three gallons of milk a day. And the dishwasher runs three times. And the kitchen is perpetually open. I COULD be accomplishing things. But down time is good.....

1 comment:

Tereza said...

sounds good to me right now:) I just got back from grocery shopping and phew it's good to sit down!