summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, February 25, 2010

SNOW DAY!!!!

Most likely my two favorite words!!! Camille woke up a little aafter six this morning, which is a no-no, and when I went to her little green bed, I discovered that she had peed through. She was soaked. So I sneaked her out to the kitchen (why the kitchen? Well, Rosie-the-happy-puppy has a cage in the living room, and if she saw us she would wag her loud thumpity tail and whine, and think it was morning. I do not consider 6:00 to be morning. Not yet.) So I got warm washcloth and washed her up and changed her and dressed her in warm clean jammies and got her more milk in her sippy cup, wrapped her in a clean blanket, and sneaked in to see it the school closings were being announced yet....we were quiet, and Rosie slept unaware....and there it was, our school, closed! And even more exciting, Mirielle's college had cancelled classes too! I put Miss Camille into her little green bed, with clean bedding, and made the rounds to tell the kids. They would much rather be told while they are in their warm beds, so they can just go back to sleep. Mirielle was so glad! Just Kathryn, Evelyn, Suzanne, Sonja, Jonathan, and Charlotte Claire are up now. I can't believe Camille is still sleeping.

It is of course very snowy out, the trees are covered and it is getting deeper. I love it. I DID feel sorry for Paul this morning however. He still had to go to work. But he warmed my heart by how happy he was for the rest off us.

So today I am thinking, "Cookie baking day"....hmm.

2 comments:

Robin said...

Wow, will this winter ever end??!! Have fun baking cookies today:)

Cassandra said...

Oohh your cookies sounded delicious! Care to share the recipe?
I wish we got snow!

Cassandra xx