summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, February 13, 2010

happy saturday....

Why, oh why does Camille have to get up at 7:30 on Saturday morning when I stayed up way way too late last night? I need to go back to bed. I just might. I got up and ate breakfast with them, oatmeal or Lucky Charms (yes, I chose the Lucky Charms.). Coffee and cereal. I took Rosie for a walk, swept the floors, did a few loads of laundry, cleaned off the counters and washed them, unloaded and loaded the dishwasher, and....now I am taking a break. I could fall asleep right here in this chair.

Tonight Emily and Abigail have invited Evelyn, Suzanne, and Sonja to come to their apartment to sleep over. They have been all packed for hours now. They are so excited, they have more fun looking forward to going then they will probably have there. But Emily and Abigail ARE pretty fun. And they ARE taking them to the movies. The cheap theatre, as we call it. Second run films for $1.75, sticky floor, old chairs. Perfect. Margaret and Kathryn are at their place now, they spent last night there.

Guess what it is doing out right now? Snowing! It it is not to awfully cold out, it is in the twenties, the kids could probably go out for a while. I would like to make cut out cookies with them, still, but it would be better to get most of that done while Camille naps, if she naps. So maybe if I go take a nap right now, hmm. Oh, it sounds so nice. I could turn on my electric blanket and warm up my cold feet, turn the fan up high to drown out the lovely sounds of children running down the hall and slamming doors, and just vegetate and maybe even fall asleep. I know I would regret the waste of time when I woke up, but...oh, it sounds so nice.

One thing I know is that I need to get up out of this chair. Camille will be sure to follow me and say that she needs me, she shadows me, along with Rosie. I am so popular!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

A mom is always as popular as a rock star. Can't go anywhere or do anything without your "fans" wanting to be included.