summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, September 18, 2008

blogging trouble tonight

My words keep disapearing! I will try one more time. A question was asked after a recent post about how we decided to have a large family....here is my answer...if you get bored, feel free to skip it....

Well, Paul and I met in a nightclub/bar when I was 16, and he 19. We talked we danced, and we kissed, if you must know. And we saw each other as much as possible. He was in college, I was in high school. Then, we started talking, and thinking about God. And we talked to my uncle who always had his bible with him. And we started meeting with some friends who believed in following Jesus and having victory over sin. We got converted. We decided to get married when he finished college and got a job. I worked in an insurance agency. We just knew from the start that God would send the children as He saw fit. We trusted Him. When Emily was born 10 months after we got married, we also knew it was right for me to stay home with her, because why would God give us a baby and not provide? The babies kept coming. My threshold of reason was crossed long ago, meaning I have long passed what I thought was "do-able".....but God gives help, comfort, and victory to those who seek it. The babies kept coming, we didn't listen to that "reason", we just trusted in Him, and you know that those who trust in Him are never disapointed.

So here we are, too many people, not enough room, too much clutter, clothes, toys.....but I have learned to let things slide. The things that get us all worked up are just temporary things! We do not have a tendency toward natural patience, or any such nonsense. Just the virtues that we receive from God through being faithful in trials. Tested faith produces patience. And we are tested! There isn't anything in the whole world greater or more beautiful than being faithful to God. Not a power that is stronger. I may not be able to keep this house spotless, but by George I can stand firm in temptation, by the grace of God......

Brunstad.org can help answer questions, can encourage and edify....

7 comments:

Cassandra said...

Thankyou for sharing that Della, your post made me smile :-) but the all your posts make me smile...

I've nominated you too, so check my blog for details :-)

Cassandra xx

Jessica said...

I really appreciate your posts. My husband and I believe in letting God plan our family, which means we've been married for a little over two years and just recently had our second child. I love to read about how having a big family works since we will most likely be there someday.

Thanks for writing. I am always reading.

holly said...

Please do not say "too many people". I don't think you meant it like that, but people always look at us large families and think we are having too many. You don't want them to think that you think that as well, do you. :)

Enola said...

So I'll ask the question you KNOW everyone wants to know - will you have any more?

Kidding - you don't have to answer that. It's no one else's business.

I admire you. I think I'm done after this second one. If I didn't have these school loans and could stay home, maybe I'd have 1 more.

Then again God may have other plans - we personally wanted 3 close together, then figured God was going to just give us one, then were surprised with this one. So who knows....

Martha said...

I don't think I had ever heard of Brunstad before I "met" you. Do they fellowship with other churches or are they more seclusive? Just curious.

16 blessings'mom said...

Martha, Brunstad is the name of the main conference center in Norway. There are churches all over the world, our local fellowship is called Brunstad Christian Church, Syracuse. This church is unique in that there are not "rules", or "doctrine" other than following Jesus on the way He made....anyone who is interested in getting victory over sin, in joining in the fight of faith, is more than welcome.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for answering my questions :)