summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, September 7, 2008

I forgot how busy busy can be.......

Does that make sense? Without being too boring, I will tell you about my day....I went to the meeting today, which was very helpful and encouraging, and heard about being thankful for all things.....then, home by 2:00.....got sweet little Camille to bed, she had been up since early morning and was so fussy. Had lunch, sat down and put my feet up....and heard how if Joe didn't have a sketchbook for Art by tomorrow, he'd get a zero....and how Sam still needed his composition notebooks, bookcover, ruler, and dividers.....and how Aaron really needs new sneakers....and how Molly really needs new sneakers....and we are almost out of wipes. And dishwasher stuff. And black pepper. And bread. So, my time with my feet up was starting to look pretty limited. But, oh I did not want to go wake up the sleeping princess and drag her around.....so I left her here, with Joseph volunteering to be her official watcher...

Our first stop was at Dunkin'Donuts, as I really wanted a coffee. Molly and Aaron got some iced drinks, and we got Jonathan an icewater, and a donut, in it's own cute little bag...he was happy......and that coffee is good. Excellent. I love driving and drinking coffee. I just do, I don't know why. Maybe because I can't jump up to do something or other, and forget to drink it, and then have to swig it down cold later....yuck....but I do it....and unfortunately, Dunkin'Donuts is not paying me to praise their coffee.....


We went to Kohl's and got some sneakers, plus some other stuff we didn't know we needed, until we saw it....all for cheap, though.

Then to Target, looking for a gas grill....rats!!! - all the good ones were already sold! They went down to 50% off, too. But I did get a smaller one for $49.......not too bad. I had wanted a bigger one, but this one will be much better than our old one. And I got a new fan-on-a-stick, or a pedestal fan.....it's so nice to have in the living room when it's hot out....and a 150 pack of those little balls that go in a children's ball pit for $7.48.....I am going to give them to Charlotte Claire and Camille for Christmas, in a little inflatable swimming pool......

Then to Staple's for a couple sketchbooks, some mechanical pencils, and some other necessities totaling $35.....at first we couldn't find the sketchbooks, and I actually thought of having the salesguy write a note for Joe's teacher....I just don't think it's fair that Joe might get a zero if mom doesn't get off her lazy bum and go buy a sketchbook....or make it to the store before it closes.....and hey, we live way out in the middle of nowhere.....it's not easy just to go and get these things.....sometimes the teachers just don't think....

Then to the grocery store. It was a good trip, we got boxes of thin spaghetti and elbow macaroni for 60cents a pound, 3 roasts for $1.99 a pound, 15 cans of tomato soup on sale with a coupon....two carts full of groceries for $250......

The thing about the grocery store was that Molly and Aaron were what my mother used to call "full of the devil"......they took turns wheeling each other in a wheel chair....they spied on the bread man....(they claim he puts away the bread samples when they approach, and I don't blame him if he does).....they beg me to buy ridiculous items.....I can't even describe how funny they were.

By the time we loaded up the groceries into the truck, and headed home, it was 9:00.....and I realized I hadn't even looked at the girls' Friday folders for school yet.....so, I nursed sweet Camille, and said goodnight to her, helped put away the groceries, got the girls' school clothes for tomorrow out, then sat down and went through their folders....oops, they had homework to do....I am a bad mommy. I was bound and determined to be more organized this year, and the first Monday of school, they are unprepared....actually, Suzanne has until Wednesday to bring hers in, and I think Sonja can do hers tomorrow morning, if I am patient with her.....

Last week, the first three days of school - Wed., Thurs., and Fri., I was gone each day when the kids got home from school.....not by choice, either......Wed. was Aaron's infection appt., Thursday I was at the store ( a quick and necessary trip because a few of the kids had supplies for school that they needed by Friday, or else!!), and Friday we were at Aaron's checkup....so, now that I've done all this shopping today, I hope to stay home all week - wait! Rats, Mariel has 4 impacted wisdom teeth, and has to see the surgeon tomorrow for a consult visit, at 3:30 in the afternoon.....oh, my dear children, mommy will be home on Tuesday, for sure.....

So, am I a stay-at-home mom?

2 comments:

holly said...

This is why I homeschool. I know....smack me now, huh? LOL!

Except one could theoretically become too busy with extra curricular activities even with homechooling, so its not all a bed of roses. But, it IS much slower.

Renata said...

I cannot believe how cheap your groceries are! It costs me $250 for a not even full trolley (& I always try & buy the cheapest & most economical items) - If I really fill it up it's around the $300 mark - maybe we should move countries!