summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, September 12, 2008

friday morning, still quiet

although Charlotte Claire is snuggled up to me under some soft and fuzzy blankets, drinking her bottle of warm chocolate milk and trying to take the big plastic clip out of my hair. Which I am going to get cut, one of these days.....when I was pregnant for Camille, I said I'd get my hair cut when the baby was born, but she is 10 months old now, and my hair is past my elbows....I want to cut it off and donate it to Wigs For Kids again....before it gets grey....there are a few sneaking in, but they haven't taken over yet.... Mariel is our hair-cutter, and she just cut Emily's, and Em had enough (at least 10 inches) to send in.....I have all this long hair, and I just stuff it into a big clip and #1: I look like an old lady, #2: it hurts my head, #3: it is hard to take care of....gets tangly (maybe because when I am seen with a hairbrush, my kids ask where we're going)...

Today should be an adventure. We are going shopping. We ate the four loaves of Oat bread, one loaf of white wheat, and all the odds and ends.....and went through all the milk, save a half gallon.....we have some apples, but no bananas, or any other fresh fruit. No yogurt. (Camille eats one everyday) ...And this weekend is a band weekend, which means all my kids from Margaret on up will be going for the weekend, and Paul plays guitar, so he'll be going for some of it.......so, I need to stock up.....

M. hates when I write about her, but she is an amazing girl. She is a very whole-hearted Christian girl, but also an individual. She is beautiful (if she's going to kill me, I might as well tell it all), talented (piano, flute, sings like an angel), she mows the lawn, does the dishwasher, cuts people's hair, and: she bakes....she was up far later than I last night, baking a chocolate peanutbutter cake with chocolate frosting, and a whole bunch of homemade minicupcakes for the childrens' activity club tonight. She hates when I mention her on her, and pictures are absolutely forbidden. I know Aaron will read this and tell her I wrote about her......she graduated in June from h.s., and just does not know what she wants to do. Actually, she wants to study languages, but doesn't know where yet. She really wants to travel. But, reality.....anyway, she will probably start college in the spring, she's looking for a job right now. As for me? I know she will be sucessful, she is that kind of person. It's okay with me that she's home for a while.

So, today we are going shopping, her and I, and the three little ones, and my sister Cheryl....who just had a happy birthday!!! She is a little older than I am, and we are very good friends. She has some bad knees, and some bad asthma, and some other things, and doesn't get around as well as she used to.....she has seven daughters, and with my kids, we used to go everywhere....the State Fair, malls, beaches.....anyway, today, with M.'s help, we are going to Target, and the grocery store, and hopefully to lunch somewhere to celebrate her birthday....even when you grow up, it's hard to have a birthday when your parents are gone, especially if they were the remember-your-birthday types like ours were.....

I have to get some discipline when I write...everything is run on and jumbled.....

Well, Miss Charlotte Claire has forgotten about my hair clip, she has a Teletubbies book, and Love You Forever book, and she wants me to read to her....

2 comments:

Brandi said...

I am sure your daughter will go very far in life. One day you must sneak a pic in of her studying or something...lol. I appluade you for sending your hair into Wigs for Kids! And even more so for teaching your children to do the same!

Cassandra said...

Della, please tell your lovely sister a huge Happy Birthday from me :-) M, sounds like such a lovely girl, if she ever wants to visit Australia, she has a place to stay....

Cassandra