summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, September 15, 2008

ooh, stormy weather!!

Last night: hot, humid, windy....clashed with the cooler air, stormy....the power went out around midnight....Camille was restless, Charlotte Claire woke up, and we took her into our bed....the little kids were all awake, talking in their room...the wind was just howling....things outside were crashing around.....everytime I started to doze again, Camille would whine...and I didn't want her to disturb Charlotte Claire......oh, so it was a wierd night.....the power was out all night, so I wasn't going to send the kids to school.....we have a well, so no power, no water....and school was cancelled anyway....unexpected day off!!! The kids wanted to see the damage, here is Kathryn with Jon and Charlotte Claire in the wagon, walking down the road with Ms. Kitten Force coming along behind..... Our neighbors lost a beautiful weeping willow....
here is one of our trees...



looks like our basketball hoop is dead....
So, the good thing about all this: I got to take Mariel to get her 4 wisdom teeth out without bringing any other kids. They stayed here with Joe and Aaron, and Molly....
We took a quick trip into the store to get her prescription filled, and get some milk, bread, and some stuff for smoothies for her for later, French vanilla icecream, and frozen strawberries....we have lots of ripe bananas, too.
Then a quick run into Blockbuster for some movies....
And here we are....a day off. For the kids, that is.
I am that cozy kind of tired this afternoon. It is overcast, and chilly, and the kids have been outside for a while...and now they are putting in the movie, "The Chronicles of Narnia"....there are 13 of us here in the living room. Hmm, should I stay on the computer, or make popcorn?



1 comment:

Brandi said...

Wow that was a big willow tree! I love weeping willows. I have one planted at my dad's and he keeps threatening to cut it down. I would cry! Yay for the day off (for the kids lol). And glad you guys are okay.