summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

shopping, shopping, shopping.....

is way more fun with way more kids.....our high school students had a half day today....so, Aaron decided to stay home......and Margaret was home because she had a "stupid" field trip....and Kathryn was home because Margaret didn't go, and didn't wake her up....anyway, kids were home today....and I needed some things from the store...so Aaron said he would go if we picked up Molly.....she's in 9th grade, so half day anyway...so we picked her up....so, it was Mariel, Aaron, Molly, Margaret, Kathryn, Jonathan, Charlotte Claire, Camille, and me, the young and beautiful mom....

Target: 75%off some nice clothes, and school supplies....we like to have stock on hand, for when they need stuff through the year......

Price-Chopper, the best store in the world, at least I think so....I haven't traveled the world much yet though.....Aaron was hungry, so we ordered a huge pizza, $6.....and when it was done, he and Molly brought the kids over to the restaurant area, bought a 2liter bottle of soda, and had some lunch.....Mariel and I got to finish our shopping in peace......because here's what had happened already: Jon was in the car-cart........Molly and I changed Charlotte Claire and Camilles' diapers, then put Charlotte Claire in a cart....she saw Jon in the car-cart.....wanted in! So, we let her in....apparently, Jon was sitting in the spot she wanted...so she started hitting him, and shoving him over.....we had to take her out. She was in my cart after that.....and being very bratty......trying to stand up....so I was glad when they took her for pizza. They also had Camille, who was in the new Inglesina Zippy I got on ebay last week. (very nice little stroller, she likes being in it (that alone is worth a million bucks), and it pushes like a dream)...it was brand new ...And I NEEDED it. ha.

Well, $205 later, we were on our way to the parking lot.....into the van with all the bags, Jon stepped on the bag of bread.....then a peaceful 35+ minute ride home.....I really wanted to stop for a coffee, but the little kids get all excited when they see Dunkin Donuts, start thinking donut holes, and I had maybe $3 , counting change.....so I dragged myself home. I have a front seat passenger rule: if you take shotgun, you talk to mom...if you want to read your book, do your homework, or listen to your headphones, go in the back......

Well, Miss Camille is tired of being King Kong of the dollhouses, and wants me to put her to bed....

1 comment:

Renata said...

Your shops sound so much better than ours (cheaper anyway - I always spend $300 odd dollars when I go. )
75% off clothes sounds too good to miss.
Glad you had fun!