summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, September 25, 2008

my last pram....

Here it the pram that came from the nice DHL man today. I bought it on ebay because I needed the chassis for the new seat I couldn't resist recently, for $30......I was going to buy a brand new chassis, but it was $230....so I saw this pram, with the chassis I needed, for $100.....follow? That's okay, it's not so exciting unless you are one of the few pram-crazies.....


Here it is with the new seat I already had....




Here Charlotte Claire, Sonja, and Jon watch a particularly interesting episode of, "Clifford The Big Red Dog"....Sonja is home from school with a cold and cough....




Do you believe that this 10 month old baby just propelled herself backwards all the way accross the living room in this car? She is just a monster. She goes and goes.....Oh, the sticker on the front of the car says, "gas station", Jon knows that.....






And here is Jonathan......





Here they are in the hot tub....it was nice, but too hot....someone keeps turning it up to 102 degrees....and of course when I ask, nobody did it. It still felt really nice.....then we sat in the sun a bit while the kids went on the swings, Charlotte Claire dragging her nice clean towel throught the dirt under the swings.....then, in the house for a little lunch. Charlotte Claire did not go to sleep for her nap, but came back out here......she needs to be put back to bed....she is very tired and, Jon just took one of her chips, and wow!













Today, it is beautifully warm and sunny again. I swept the floor, vacuumed the edges, vacuumed the living room, did some laundry, washed counters, gave the kids breakfast, fussed with and took care of Camille, the normally happy baby, who has a cold. Then when she went to bed, I took the kids outside...but I know when she is sleeping, I SHOULD be getting a little more done around here. I was gone shopping all day yesterday, so there is a lot to do....But: tomorrow is promising to be cloudy, and maybe even rainy! I sure hope so!!!
Tonight is elementary open house for the kids.....Paul was asking last night if we HAD to go.....I mean, we have gone to open houses for 18 years straight. And not always one a year, either...there is elementary, then middle school, then high school.....we've seen it all.....and the middle and high school kids really don't even want to go....but the elementary kids do all the nice projects to show mom and dad, make those pictures of themselves to put on their desks so we can guess where they sit..... This is an example of one of the situations I have to really have to wake up in, come out of that been-there-done-that daze and be amazed at my children......again. and again....
I think we are having chicken for dinner. Probably grilled.....and with what? Don't know yet...but a good thing: Emily the nurse bought Mariel a new cookbook yesterday....a really nice thick one.....so maybe she'll try something out for dinner......baking is really her thing, but she likes to cook, too. She will kill me for writing about her, but she is a healthy eater.....extremely. She doesn't eat fast food, or pizza, or donuts. And she runs at least 5 miles a day.
Well, Charlotte Claire still needs to go back to bed, and now she needs a diaper change.....





4 comments:

Cassandra said...

i love your new pram della, its goreous :-)
Your hot tub looks so nice, i think thats the first time you've posted a pic, unless i missed it somehwere along the line...

Have fun at the elementary open house...

Cassandra xx

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that new pram. Wow amazing. Soooo nice. You need to have another baby :) or move to alabama and you can play with mine while I play with your kids too. And we could shop all over the place together!

2 weeks and 4 days!! WOo hoo. But girl she is taking up so much room it hurts when she moves, she has to be huge already lol! Although the u/s shows her slightly small for her age.

Peta said...

lovely pram. Have you downsized the rest of your collection yet?
We do the school open days aswell, even though we have been there done that, off we go each and every year. (next year is our 6th for kindergarten yay?) but the kids are so proud to show us there classroom, work, etc how can we say no we're not going this time.

cheryl said...

Grace had open house tonight, too, and yesterday she said that the WHOLE family HAS to go, and I was like, of course! But, Katie had forgotten about it until the last minute, and when I tried to call her, they'd already gone! Too late. Oh, well, there is next year to look forward to! By the way, I think both pram seats are pretty sharp looking, I am so jealous. If you need anyone to babysit your prams...